Thursday, September 16, 2010

Long week...

So this week has been long for the both of us.  Mitch had to work all week, but he did go off orientation... so thats exciting! I have been trying to keep myself busy, which usually isn't too hard :) I didn't feel well at the beginning of the week so Tuesday I just relaxed and hung around the house.  I have always had bad allergies, but this week it has been horrible! My head feels like it is going to explode.  I have had bad eye problems this past year and they finally diagnosed me with chronic dry eye, so I am not allowed to take any medicine with an antihistamine in it (which is pretty much all cold medicine) because it drys out my eyes even more  So, I just get to deal with it...lucky me :)

I haven't had much of an appetite this past week, and today I woke up craving chicken fried rice (which if you know me, this isn't unusual), but I decided I would venture out and find a chinese restaurant, since something actually sounded good to eat (and it would give me something to do).  I found one that looked good, went in and ordered my rice. They said it would be about a 20 minute wait...for rice? I was a little annoyed. But I sat down at a table, along with another guy that was waiting on his order. He looked at me and said hi...how have you been? I was a little confused...since I am new living in Bentonville and don't know many people yet, I never expect to run into anyone.  I looked at him, probably with a very confused look on my face. Then he started talking about Dnow. This is when I made the connection...he was one of my host home parents from Dnow last year.  We got to talking and I told him I was job searching and he said he might have something for me.  He called one of his friends right there and he said for me to send him my resume and gave me all his information.  I looked it up and it is a vendor company, which are very hard to get into unless you have experience, so its a long shot, but I will definitely look into it.  He then told me about how he needs help with a ministry at the church with younger kids and asked if I would be interested in helping.  I was thrilled! I am finding so many ways to get involved in the church and meet new people.  I was in such a bad mood going to get my lunch and who knew I would come away with info on a job, and get more plugged in to the church! It was definitely a blessing!

Tonight Mitch and I are making dinner and watching Glee. We only have one more episode before we are caught up, and good timing because the show starts back up next week. We started watching it right when we moved in and have been hooked since.  I will admit, I was very iffy about the show at first, but one of my friends kept telling my since I love musicals and plays so much, I will for sure like the show. She was right :) Thanks Nat!

Well like I said, not a lot happened this week...hopefully I will have better updates next week :)
Tomorrow morning we are headed to Dallas!! Michelle, Mitch, and I are going to visit Will for the weekend! I am excited to get away for a few days!

I am sure you have heard Mitch and I talk about sour cream pancakes? Well they are delicious and we probably make them at least twice a week.  They are super easy and we thought we would share them with you! Most people frown when they hear sour cream, but please try them....you won't be disappointed!!

Sour Cream Pancakes (double this recipe if you are feeding more than two)
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of cottage cheese
1/2 cup flour

Mix baking soda, sour cream, beat eggs, stir in flour and cottage cheese. After cooking the pancakes, apply butter and then sprinkle sugar over them. No syrup needed.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment