Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween and more visitors!

This past week was pretty busy for us. It was the week of Halloween, so we had all our parties at school, which was so much fun! It made the day fly by even faster than normal. On Halloween night was pretty chill for me. Mitch had to work, but I am use to that by now. I think he has worked every Halloween since we've been married. Usually its not too bad because he is home by 8 that night and while we still lived in Bentonville, I would help out at the church. Now since he is on nights, he was gone all night. He was actually scheduled not to work, but he switched with a lady that wanted the night off because she had kids and really wanted to take them trick-or-treating. We were both happy for him to switch... right now halloween is fun for us, but there is no reason for him to be here with me when another lady has kids to take out. I know when we have kids he will want the night off too.
So Bella and I went over to my parents house and had dinner with them. They never have a ton of trick-or-treaters, but they had more than normal this year. I was a little worried about Bella, just recently she has become more protective and barks at people she doesn't know. She has never done this before- she use to think everyone was her best friend (I am actually glad she is finally like this ha!). But she did awesome!! She sat by the door with my mom and I and helped pass out candy. She would sit right by us when we were handing it out and I think the kids were more excited about petting her than getting candy ha! 


Thusday night we had a cookout with our Lifegroup and it was soooo much fun. Since the class was just starting when we joined no one know anyone, so we are all really looking forward to starting to hang out more. We all brought a side dish and had burgers and hot dogs. 

Friday, Michelle flew in from Dallas and got her in the afternoon. I didn't have to work a full day on Friday, so I went and picked her up from the airport. We have had visitors the past few weekends and iI just LOVE it!! We had a relaxing night and hung out with Mitch before he went into work. Later we went to Peppers for dinner and then came home and watched a movie. 
Saturday, we got up early and made the trip to Bentonville. I think as much as I have drove the recently I could do it with my eyes closed. We had a wedding to go to at 2, but we left at 9:30 because we had some other things we wanted to do as well... one being.. lunch at MarketPlace! 


I can't tell you how many times I have eaten here, and not once do we ever pass up a chocolate mess!! Our husbands were proud of us ha! We made it to the church for the wedding and it was hands down the SWEETEST wedding I have ever been to!! Our good friend Jordan got married and I know Mitch was very disappointed he had to work and couldn't make it. He and Jordan were really good friends in high school. 


The ceremony was at the church and then the reception was at Horton Farms in their new "barn" and it was gorgeous the way they had it decorated. And not to mention Jordan looked beautiful!! It was so neat to be a part of it and we had a blast!! 


Later, Michelle and I drove back to Tulsa and just brought dinner home and watched more movies. We were so tired from getting up so early and we had to get up early because Mitch wanted to try and go to the early service sunday when he got off work. 
That afternoon, Michelle and I had lunch at Los Cabos and then did some shopping. She didn't fly out until 7pm so we had all day to shop!! I found a great deal on boots. I have been looking for extra tall, above the knee tan boots since last fall and I finally found the ones I had pictured in my mind ha. I am very picky when it comes to boots. 


Boot are also very expensive, especially the tall ones, and Belk is having an awesome sale right now!!! These were reg. $90 and I got them for $45! So If you are needing a new pair of boots for this fall, they have a huge collection and the sale doesn't end until Tuesday. I usually wouldn't by something like this so close to Christmas, but that deal was too good to pass up!

This week is pretty low key for us. We don't have much going on, so that will be nice. Since the weather has been so pretty, Mitch and I have been running riverside when I get off work. I love running in the weather! Mitch has always talked about running a marathon, and he has decided he is going to run the FULL marathon next April at the OKC Memorial Run. He has always dreamed of doing one and so he is starting his training. I can't even imagine running that distance, but I have no doubt he will do it. He is trying to convince me into doing the half.. I told him I would think about it ha! I know its nothing compared to what he's doing and the race is the weekend of his birthday, so I most likely will run it for him. The last time I trained for the OKC Half, I was in school and did all the training.. was up to running 10 miles and went to register and it was already full! I was SO mad, so this year I am going to have to decide quick, register and commit to running it. We'll see how it goes! 

Have a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment