Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lately...



Well it has been about a week and half and we are fully recovered from our race! It is amazing how I just trained and ran 13 miles and my first time back out I could only make it 2 ha! My legs were so worn out. Every time I go to the gym now I am so confused on what to do ha. I was so used to "having" to run so now I am trying to find new classes and things to do. 

This past weekend Mitch worked so I caught up on some much needed rest and ran LOTS of errands. We also finally celebrated Mitch's birthday with my side of the family on Sunday afternoon. My mom threw him a Thunder party and it was a lot of fun! And I finally got to wear my new Thunder necklace.


This week at school has been super busy. We are not only trying to do our normal work and activities, but we are trying to finish up assessments, going on field trips and all the fun end of the year activities!

Speaking of field trips- we went to the zoo Tuesday and it was a blast!!! Jenks has never let kindergarten go on a field trip before, so we talked them into letting us try it and it was a complete success! It was perfect weather- 70s and no wind. The kids loved it. They are still talking about it! I was so glad I was able to experience that with them. 



Over the past week we have also been landscaping our front yard! We didn't want to start anything until the cold was over so we have been digging up out old trees and planting new ones. All we have left is to plan our flowers! It looking so good!

Bella also had her 2nd birthday!!! We took her to Freckles Frozen Custard because they have a doggie cone and she loves ice cream!!!! 


Last weekend, my good friend Katie and I went to the PAC to see West Side Story. I love seeing musicals, but this one wasn't my favorite. I am glad I go to see it and I did enjoy it, it just wasn't one of my favorites. 



That's about all that has been going on around here! I have less than 2 weeks left and I am so bitter sweet about this. I love the part of teaching where you get a summer break- I need it super bad, but I can't imagine not getting up and going to see my kids. I am really looking forward to all the fun trips we have planned this summer, but I don't know that I am ready for school to be out. My emotions are all over the place. I am excited and sad all at the same time. Ha. I have gotten so close to a lot my kids and I am sad to see them go. I am hoping my class next year will be as good as this one. I have had many people tell me this was a very unusual class because all the kids were so good! They said normally its not like that, so I am for sure going to miss that!

No comments:

Post a Comment