Well I have some exciting news to share. This actually happened last week, but I like to blog about it so I will remember. I took the OGET on August 26th and I found out last Tuesday I offically passed!! This was very exciting news if you new how my day went when I took it. Let me just tell you about it.
So when I went to sign up back in the summer all the dates were taken up until February. I was told to book my test day far out because they book up, but I had not idea that far out! I became very discouraged bc I had been studying and didn't want to wait until February. So I did have a few options... They had a few openings but they were during the week and I really didn't want to have to use a personal day for a few hours of a test. Or they had one opening on August 26th but it was at 4:30pm so not only would I becoming straight from school, but it was only the 6th day of school and if you are a teacher you know the first few weeks are awful, crazy, bad ... Do I need to go on? So, I first decided not too bc I know how tired I am at the the end of school, but the more I thought about it, it was really my only option. So I signed up and thought worse comes to worse I just take it over if I don't pass.
So I studied for about a month and then the weekend before the test comes- the test is on a Monday. And let me remind you, this is the first weekend of school so I was cranky and tired already. So I go to bed Saturday night and wake up in the middle of the night feeling awful! I was in bed sick all day Sunday. I mean I felt so bad! So Monday comes and yep- it's worse. I ended up having an upper respitory infection. I couldn't breathe, my nose was constantly running, my eyes were swollen, I could barley hear I had so much pressure in my ears and I had a never ending headache. Great!
So when I got there, the got me right in and I got started. Now let me remind you, they make you take off everything like watches, ponytail holders, etc. So I get into the room and there is no clock anywhere, not even on the computer. So I had looked how long the test was before and I remembered it could take 4 hours. So when the man signed me in- he said you have two hours. I kinda flipped. Now I know he gives out a lot of tests an they are all different times but really I feel you should get this stuff straight. So I began the test confused on my time.
So I am nearing the end of the test and I edit my essay and my computer goes off. I knew my time was up. Now when your in a test like that you have no concept of time. I was trying to focus so hard while feeling awful I had absolutely no idea how long I had been in there. But because of that mans little comment about you have 2 hours and the fact that my computer went off- my guess was it was around 2 hours later- 6:00pm. So I get all my stuff and leave and right before I walk out the door, the lady stops me and hands me a piece of paper. She says, you'll need this to get out, its the code for the door once you get off the elevator. I took it and looked a little confused. She said, oh the doors lock after 7:30. Now I don't know if you have ever been so completely off on your time, but it is a weird feeling. In my mind I was thinking my test was 2 hours and I took the whole time, so it was around 6pm. Being very, very confused, I asked her what time it was and she said 8:30! I couldn't believe it. I was so confused because that man told me it was a 2 hour test and since I had no clock and no perception of time while testing I was in shock.
So needless to say I left there feeling pretty bad about the test. I mean it took me he whole time and I was constantly having to ask for tissues and breaks. I for sure thought I was going to have to re-take it.
I had to wait a whole month, and I wasn't nervous until about the day before I received my scores. When I got the email and found out I passed, I freaked out ha! I was just really expecting not to pass so when I saw the good news I was so thankful because I worked hard on it and I was really not wanting to study for that test again. Now I get to move on to the OSAT-Oklahoma Subject Area Test. This is where I determine what grade level I want to teach. I am going to do Early Childhood- so I will be certified to teach pre-k through 3rd grade. And as much as I LOVE teaching kindergarten, I am getting very interested in teaching 1st grade. So I am just praying right now that the rest of my tests go well and whenever I do get certified, the perfect job will be out there for me.
I know this is probably more than you want to hear, but it was a funny experience for me, so I like to document it. Have a great week y'all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment