Well we are back from Arkansas and I only have one day of work!! I know I say it a lot but I just love having all these breaks. I feel like every time I turn around we are on another break.
| My sweet kids before break! |
So we had a very fun and well...interesting time back in Bentonville. We got there and we noticed Mitch's parents finished off their fence. We didn't think anything of it and honestly thought it was for Bella. If you know them at all, they ADORE Bella! But come to find out... They got a dog!!!! We were so excited! They had been thinking about it for about a year and finally got one. We all thought they had decided not to but they surprised us all.
![]() |
| Miss Kate |
She is a 2 1/2 year old golden-doodle named Kate (I am partial to the name.. If we ever have a girl, I have always wanted to name her Kate, but I already have plans to incorporate it into her middle name :) Anyways, she was used for breeding one liter then they wanted to find her a good home. She so sweet and ready potty trained and all that but since she wasn't a "pet" she is not socialized at all! They treated her well at the breeder, but they never got her around other dogs or loved on her. So it is crazy to think all this is new to her. She has no idea that she is a "pet" now. She acts just like a shelter dog, she is scared and very unsure of everyone and everything. They had a tough week last week with her, but when we brought Bella this weekend, she learned so much! It's funny how dogs learn from other dogs.
She is now eating, playing with toys, taking treats, going on walks and coming to you to lay in your lap. This was all stuff she wouldn't do until this weekend. She is making progress it will just take her a few months to really trust and know her life had changed. She is one lucky pup though! They have 30 days to decide if they will keep her and I am praying hard they will. She is seriously the sweetest dog she just needs patience. I have never wanted two dogs and still really don't, but if they were to give her back it would be the easiest decision ever to take miss Kate with us! Mitch has already told me no a thousand times but we will see :) I hope she gets to stay with the Franks!!
So our weekend was filled with playing with Kate and Bella! We are planning for thanksgiving this week and are staying in tulsa since Mitch works.
Happy thanksgiving, y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment