Monday, November 15, 2010

"I've got it circled red on the calendar, you told me tonight's the night".

Well the secrets finally out......we are going to see Garth Brooks in concert!!!!! Keeping this from Mitch was one of the hardest things I've done! For those of you you who don't know, Mitch might be the biggest Garth fan on this planet! He has never seen him in concert and it's the one thing he has always wanted to do. I saw him in concert when I was younger and I always give him a hard time...so I guess I can't do that anymore :)


I am still in shock I was even able to get tickets. I happened to be on Facebook one day and saw someone's status about wanting to see Garth. It got me curious if he was going to be doing a concert series, so I googled it and found out he was doing 9 benefit concerts in Nashville, TN. My first reaction was oh man, it  is in TN. So I put it off for about an hour and during that hour, that was the only thing I could think about. I know he doesn't hardly tour at all, and well he is about to be 50, so I thought what the heck, let's do it!!!
By the time I decided to buy them, there were not many seats available, and some of them were going for $5,000!! I saw that price and about gave up, but I did find two tickets together at a decent prince. So I ordered them, and then the only thing I was worried about was his work schedule (and well all the tennis lessons I have to teach to pay for these tickets, but it will be so worth it..ha). He was suppose to be getting it soon, but I just figured we would work something out if he happened to work.
Well on Wednesday when we left for Tulsa, I picked him up and he had his schedule, and of course, he was off four days before the concert, but worked the day of the concert and the day after...the only 2 days he actually needed off. So I knew I needed to tell him about it soon, because he was going to have to find someone to switch days with him.
So Sunday night, we were putting up Christmas decorations and when we were done, I told him I had a surprise for him. I gave him a card, and inside was a calendar. On the front it had a note that said, "I think you might find this useful to start your countdown....check out December 19". He flipped it open and there it was in "red on the calendar". He was in shock!! We spent the rest of the night looking at hotels in Nashville and planning our trip!!


When I first got the tickets, I kept thinking I hope this works out since it is in Nashville! And now, I am super excited, neither one of us has ever been to Nashville and not only are we seeing Garth, but we are seeing him at the home of country music!!! Also, we have heard that Christmas time in Nashville is gorgeous!! We are so excited!!!
Mitch's grandparent's live in Memphis, and so we are going to go spend a few days with them and then from their house it is only 3 hours, so it works out perfect!! The concert is on Sunday, so we are going to spend a couple days before that in Nashville!
This was so hard to keep a secret! Last week we were watching the Country Music Awards and it took all that I had in me, not to tell him we were going to be in that arena in a month!!

Well I hope you all had a good Monday and have a great rest of the week!! Mitch and I are going to our favorite mexican restaurant for dinner! Oh and please keep me in your prayers tomorrow...I have another interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment