Monday, January 10, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Hi! It has been so nice to relax at home this weekend. We have been all over these past few months and we were so glad to stay at home for a weekend! We love seeing family and friends, but we hadn't spend a weekend at home since October!! Since the holidays are over, things are starting to slow down, and hopefully we can relax and spend some time at our house.

Mitch worked Friday and Saturday, so he couldn't enjoy the weekend as much as I did, but it was still nice not to travel anywhere. Friday for dinner, we went out to dinner for Will's birthday. We went to the Marketplace and it was so good. Mitch met us down there when he got off work. After we enjoyed some yummy food and dessert, Will came over and they played the PS3 sports game. It was so funny watching them play!


It was nice to get to spend some time with Will, we haven't seen him much since he moved to Texas.
Sunday, we went to church and then my parents came over to have lunch with us. My mom's birthday is today, and since we have been going to Tulsa so much, they came over her to celebrate with us. We went to Johnny Brusco's and had some delicious pizza! I meant to take a picture, but for an appetizer they have something called garlic knots, and it was small bread sticks rolled into a ball and covered with melted butter and lots of garlic. They were so good! I will be going back just to get those!! The pizza was really good too, it was New York style, so it was very thin and crispy.


Then we went and got coffee and Starbucks. Now I know where I get my coffee obsession, my parents drink it constantly! Ha But it was good, especially since it was so cold out! We then came back to our house and just hung out for a while. It was nice to see them.

Since Mitch and I have been gone and so busy the past couple of months, we put sweats on, lit a fire and just relaxed on the couch all day. I usually like to be out doing stuff, but I think we both needed a lazy day. We watched a lot of tv and of course the Green Bay game. Mitch has always been a huge Packers fan, so over the past 4 years, I have found myself watching lots of NFL football and I am actually starting to like it! I think I am officially a Green Bay fan :)


Okay, so maybe not as big if a fan as Mitch.. ha! This is him during the game, cheering on the Packers!
After the game, Mitch told me that he wanted to take me out for dinner, and he surprised me and took me my favorite restaurant.... Shogun! We have one here in Bentonville, but neither one of us had ever been to the one in Fayetteville and it sits up on a big hill and has a gorgeous view! And not to mention it was snowing.. it was so pretty and of course we enjoyed our dinner!


You get more food than you can imagine... we will have left overs for the next few days :)
Today, we haven't done much... just been trying to get things done before Mitch goes back to work. Instead of going to Wal-Mart, we went to Sam's Club and it was so nice to be able to buy in bulk and their meat and fruit is so much better. We will be doing that more often.

Over the past two days it has been snowing. I am not a cold weather fan, and I like the snow for about the first 5 minutes and then I am ready for it to melt and warm up!! It snowed a little here yesterday, just enough to cover the ground, and it has snowed off and on today. But right now it is snowing hard!!  We were suppose to go out with some friends to a pizza place to watch the game and Caleb can't get out of his driveway ha! So I guess we will stay in and watch the game. That is just one reason why I don't like this weather.

Well we had some really good recipes to try and since we had two birthday's to celebrate, we went out a lot this weekend and will have to try them this week. But tonight we made burgers...


Mitch's uncle makes the best burgers, so we tried to make them. He mixes dry onion soup mix and sour cream with the meat before grilling them. I am not a huge hamburger fan, but these are so good! Here is Mitch out grilling burgers in the snow ha! You can't tell, but it had just started snowing really hard.

I also made Mitch's favorite dip to go along with the burgers. It is just a tomato basil mix with sour cream and cream cheese. My mom got me this cute little tennis ball bowl and I was excited to use it for the dip!


Well I started back teaching my tennis classes today, and let's just say they are going to be a handful! There are so many little four year olds that think they are pro's at tennis, but can't seem to hit the ball. It is going to be a long session!
We really enjoyed spending this past weekend at home. We never realized how tiring traveling can be. Tonight we are watching the championship game. I never thought I would say this, but Go Auburn!!
I hope y'all had a wonderful Monday and the rest of your week is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment