Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ready for a new week....

Hi! I hope you all are having a good week. Our week wasn't as good as we would of liked. We took down all our Christmas stuff, watched our Razorbacks loose in the Sugar Bowl, and Mitch started studying for the GRE. Three things that don't make for a very exciting week. Lets just say its been a LONG week, and I think we are both ready for the weekend.

Tuesday we spent all day taking down our Christmas stuff. We had so much stuff and it took forever!! It was a long day but we did get to have lunch at Marketplace, so that was nice! They have a special we always get, two eat for $19.99 and you get an appetizer, bread, salad, entree and our favorite.. a chocolate mess for dessert! It was so good!

After lunch we spend the rest of the day finishing putting our Christmas stuff up and cleaned our house. We did that until the Arkansas game. I love Christmas time and having the house all decorated, but it feels so good have it all put up and a clean house!
We went over to Mitch's parents house to watch the game. The first half was so ugly. We knew we were playing a good team, but we didn't think it would be that bad. We left at halftime and went home. We watched the rest of it and thankfully they turned it around. The end of the game was a disappointment, but at least it turned out to be better than the first half.

Also, over the past month, we have been trying to decide what Mitch should do about the GRE and yesterday he finally decided to take it. Not all the schools require it, but just to be safe he wants to take it. We had such a hard time deciding because it is such a big test and it will be a huge time commitment. We have already went through all this when he was studying for the NCLEX, and he studied all the time, so we had to think about a lot of stuff. But in the long run, I think it will be good for him. So yesterday, we researched all the best books to get and then went and bought them.


He already scheduled his test, so he knows what all he needs to do in that time frame. He is taking it May 23, so these next 5 months are going to consist of a lot of studying, and that way if he needs to take it again, he can take it in August and still get his scores buy the end of the year.
Since Mitch will be spending most of his time studying, I bought me something while we were out buying his study books. I really enjoy reading, so I invested in some Nicholas Sparks books. The first one I am going to read is The Wedding.


I am excited to start reading, and I am hoping to read all of his books.  I have been helping Mitch with the english/vocab, but the math is all up to him! I love english and we are learning all the vocab words together, so hopefully it will be easier for him.

Last night we tried a new recipe for dinner. It was Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes and Broccoli Cheese Soup. It turned out really good, but Mitch suggested next time using steak instead of ground beef. I will post the recipe at the end.


After dinner, we worked on more GRE flashcards and then took a break to play tennis. We both really enjoy playing and thought it would be a good break. I enjoying playing singles, and even though I played against Mitch, I had a good time. We made a bet the loser buys a sunday at Braums, and well I lost, but I did win four games! So I guess I owe Mitch some ice cream.

Mitch worked today, so I have just been running errands and getting stuff done around the house. Tonight we did our p90x workout, then went to Buffalo Wild Wings for Will's birthday with Will and Caleb. It was nice to hang out with them!

Hope everyone has a happy Friday!

Loaded Twice Baked Potato Recipe
4med. russet potatoes
8 oz lean round beef
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup water
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 scallions, sliced
1. Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in microwave and cook for 20 min.... turning once or twice until the potatoes are soft.
2. Meanwhile, brown meat in a large skillet. Transfer to a large bowl. Increase heat to high, add broccoli and water to the pan, cover and cook until tender; drain broccoli and add it to the meat.
3.Carefully cut off the top 1/3 of the potatoes. Scoop out insides into a med. bowl and place the potatoes shells in a small baking dish. Add. 1/2 cup cheddar, sour cream, salt and pepper to the potato insides and mash with a fork. Add scallions and the potato mixture to the meat and broccoli. Stir to combine.
4. Evenly divide the potato mixture among the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Microwave on high until filling is hot and cheese is melted, 2-4 min.
*We only made 2 potatoes and not four, so we halved the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment