Here are a few pictures of our neighborhood after the snow...
This doesn't show much snow, but it is a beautiful sunset... I miss Oklahoma sunsets!
You can't really tell from the picture, but all of the snow piled up a the end of our driveway and we had a huge ramp to go over to get into our driveway!
This house is at the end of our street and check out the icicles!! Mitch took this and thought it was crazy! Some of them are almost down to the ground!
This is the house across the street... They rented a backhoe to clear their driveway because there was just too much snow! We thought it was pretty funny.
Hope you enjoyed those! Friday we made the drive to Tulsa. We weren't sure if we were going to get to go, but the roads we in good enough shape for us to make it. We have been trying to go for the past couple weeks, so it was nice to finally get to go. I always love going back to Tulsa. Every time I go back it reminds me how much I love the city! I have always liked Tulsa, but when I moved away for school, I realized how much I missed living there. I know, I live in Arkansas now, but Tulsa will always be my home!
Friday night when we got into town, we went to dinner at an old fashion burger place called Arnold's. It is so old and a little hole in the wall, but when I was younger and even now it is one of my favorite burger places! Mitch has heard me talk about a lot, so we finally took him there! It has a 50's diner theme and it sooo good!
One of my favorite things there are their milkshakes!! I am pretty sure that everyone from Tulsa has probably been, but if you haven't.. you should try it!
Every Valentines, my family always has a big Valentines day dinner. My mom always makes a dessert and this year she was going to make some pies. I have never made a pie, so I decided I would help her and hopefully even learn a little! So she gave me a easy pie crust recipe that is really good!! I will post it at the end!
You make the pie crust the day before and let it set overnight. We made it Friday night and so on Saturday, my mom wasn't home, so my dad, brother, Mitch and I decided to make the filling and finish the pie. I must admit, I was a little skeptical, but they turned out great! We made a chocolate and a coconut! I only got a picture of the chocolate...
We have a tradition in my family, and my mom always gets us something little for Valentines day, and this year she got Mitch Buffalo Wild Wings sauces and a gift card. We love going to bww, but also love to cook with their sauces! She got me a Scentsy gift card! I have been wanting one sooo bad! My mom has one and it smells so good! So I was able to pick a vase and 3 scents!
It came with this kit filled with all the different scents... there were so many, it was hard to pick just three. I picked a red vase, to use in my living room and kitchen, but they have a Razorback one I am getting next to put in our office! I can't wait for it to come in!
We came back to b'ville this evening and are relaxing and watching the grammys! I heard back from the job I had the second interview with and I am taking some test for them tomorrow!! So I am still just keeping my fingers crossed. I know if this is the job God has for me it will fall into place!
This was a very short trip, and so we didn't get to see many friends. We hope to be back soon! I hope y'all had a great weekend and have a very happy Valentines day!!!
Easy Pie Crust
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/4 cup shortening
1 egg slightly beaten
2 tbsp. cold water
1 tbsp. vinegar
* 1. In a bowl, combine th flour, sugar and salt.
2. Cut the shortening into the flour mixture, using a fork, until crumbly.
3. Beat the egg, add water and vinegar to egg.
4. Blend the mixture into the flour mixture until all the flour is moist.
5. Let dough rest 10 min. *but overnight is best* in refrigerator before rolling out the crust.



No comments:
Post a Comment