Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First week of work!

Happy March!! I still can not believe it is already March! I am so happy for the warmer weather that it is going to bring! I have loved these 60 and 70 degree temperatures lately! Well I have almost survived my first week of work, but more on that later! I will first give you a little update on our lives lately.. I feel that we have been going and going and just so busy lately!

I am going to apologize ahead of time.. I have no pictures. I have been so bad at remembering to charge my camera! But anyways, Last Saturday when Mitch got off work, we went out to dinner and celebrated that we have been married for 8 months!! On one hand I can't believe how fast it has gone, but also, it seems like it has always been like this. It has been the best 8 months and I can't wait for many more!

Sunday, we went to church and sunday school. Mitch and I are really enjoying our bible study and are meeting a lot of people through it! After church we went out to fly a kite. This was not a normal kite and I really just went to see what it was all about.

One of our friends Bryan, just bought this kite. I really don't know how to explain it, but it is huge and it can actually lift you off the ground... kind of weird. But Mitch was excited to fly it and so we went out for about an hour and it was so windy, we spent probably 90% of the time untangling it.

For dinner, we had the Buettemeyers and the Waggoners over! We made chicken spaghetti and for dessert I made Mitch's favorite chocolate cake! It is my mom's recipe and I am pretty sure I have posted it before. After dinner, we watched the Oscars and played a game! It was a lot of fun!

Now more onto my first week of work... well I guess my first full week. Last week I got to work from home and it was so nice! That is one of the benefits about working for a family practice, they will take vacations and I can do the same or I can work form home and get paid.
My week has been busy, but so fun! I never thought I would ever like a job as much as I do. I actually look forward to going to work everyday! It has long hours and yes there are lots of times where I am so exhausted all I do is come home and go to bed! But I could not ask for a better work environment. I knew God had a place for me and he had been preparing them and me for it, but I really had no idea He was planning this. Yesterday, I brought my lunch and stayed in the office. One of the doctors came in and had lunch with me and we talked about our faith the whole time. It was so nice to know that is something that is very important to the people I work for. We also have a bible study in the morning before we open. We read scripture and pray with them, and it is just such a blessing to be around these people all day. It changes the whole atmosphere of the office and I could tell from my first interview there was something different that I liked about the office.

I have been super busy this week and I can't wait until I am finally settled! I am still trying to get into the routine of working everyday. Even though I am enjoying it, it is going to take some time to get use to. I have to be at work at 6:30, but I get Fridays off!!  So it is defiantly worth it!

Mitch is still working on the med-surg floor, and has been wanting to get into the ICU. He finally got approved and is having to take some classes and tests before he can move floors. So he is working on that and should be an ICU nurse within the next month or so! It is always what he has wanted to do, so he is really excited!

Mitch is off tomorrow, but he is going to come take me to lunch! Also, we get all free care since I work there and Mitch has been wanting to go to a chiropractor for a while now. Because he is so tall everything is low for him at work and he is constantly bending over, so he has been having bad back pain. So he is going in for his consultation tomorrow afternoon!
I had mine yesterday. They make me go through it all, so that when I talk with patients, I can tell them first hand what it's all about. After the initial consultation and adjustment, I can then choose if I want to continue getting adjusted. I had a very interesting/shocking experience, and once Mitch gets his I will do a post and tell y'all about it!

I hope y'all are having a great week and enjoy your weekend!! Will and Michelle are coming home this weekend, so I am sooooo excited to spend some time with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment