Thursday, July 14, 2011

Update on Bella

Well we have a lot to fill y'all in on regarding Bella! A lot has changed..  and lets just say Bella looks a little different than when you last saw her!

So this is what happened..
Monday night we were set on this specific westie and told told the breeders we were going to buy it. Well last minute we started questioning our decision. We had heard some bad stuff about Westies, lots of health problems, and so we decided to take a step back and make sure this was the kind of dog we wanted (which was so hard since we have been looking for a dog for 6 months).
The next morning, we were still set on a Westie, but were open to keep looking around for a little longer. We weren't finding much, so we asked for some suggestions from friends.

We researched a couple different breeds and then I found a puppy I fell in love with on the internet. I did not know what it was, sometimes it is hard when they are so little. Well I figured out it was a golden doodle. When I found out I was kind of dissapointed because I have always wanted a golden doodle, but heard they are outrageously expensive. So I didn't think anything of it and continued looking.
Well... My sister-in-law, Michelle called and told me the place where they bought their golden retriever also sells golden doodles. She highly recommended the breeder and so we looked into it.

Lets just say these past few days have been so stressful and finally we heard back from them this afternoon and he has some available and ready to go home now! He sent me some pictures and we decided this was what we wanted to do. So the breeder had us pick which one we wanted and we are putting our deposit down in the morning!! I can't believe we finally have a dog! I was in shock all afternoon!

We have already made two trips to pets mart trying to figure out what we need. Just imagine two people who have never owned any dogs, much less any pets before, trying to buy for a dog. So if y'all have any suggestions we would greatly appreciate them :)

And here is the most exciting news... we get her on Friday! One week from tomorrow we are making the trip to Missouri to pick her up!! I can't believe for the past several months we were planning on a little dog and now we are getting a golden doodle!! I researched the westies and I would still get one in a heartbeat. We just saw these others and I have wanted on forever. I immediately fell in love with them!

Here is a new and updated picture of Bella...


She is the one peaking out from behind the wall :) Told ya she looks a little different ha!

Well thats all we have for now. Tomorrow I am going to go buy puppy stuff and puppy proof our house. I feel a week is so long to wait to get her, but on the other hand, I feel I have such little time to get everything ready for a puppy!!
There is this CUTE dog boutique in Fayetteville, and I am going to get Bella's collar made there tomorrow! I am so excited!

I hope y'all have had a wonderful week and if you have any puppy tips.. feel free to send them our way!!

1 comment: