Tuesday, October 4, 2011

D-now, crossfit and crafts!!

Tomorrow is Wednesday! I hope y'all have had a good start to your week. This past weekend was so nice since Mitch and I were both off, I did not want Monday to come. 

We had a nice long weekend filled with football and d-now! Saturday after the game, which was amazing!! I cold not belive we won!! We watched the whole thing and we were so glad it got better, or  that was going to be a long, painful game to watch!  Anyway, after the game, we headed back up to the church to help out with d-now. We stayed for the evening service and I am so glad we did. They had the same speaker, Ed Newton, as last year and I really liked him, so we got to hear him again! 


Sunday, of course, he spoke again and it was amazing. We also baptized over 20 students!! That service was such a blessing to be a part of. Every dnow they always show a video of the weekend and guess who made the video... yes, Bella ha!! Here is the video, I am sure you can pick her out :)


Sunday after church, we had our last crossfit on-ramp training class! I was so excited to finish, but also a little nervous to start the real classes. Mitch works Mon-Thurs this week, so I have to go to all of them by myself this first week and all I have to say is it is one of the most intimidating things I have ever done! 
I went monday to the first one and it was tough, but not horrible. Now todays workout was another story. I honestly don't know how I am even typing this right now ha! 

Crossfit was started by ex-marines and service men, and the owner and most of the trianers at the nwa crossfit are retired police, firemen, etc. So needles to say they are pretty intense. Well, crossfit is all about people who fought in the service. They had army, marines, etc stuff everywhere! One thing that I love is they have a wall of heros and it has pictures of tons of heros that lost their life serving for our country, and every so often they do what is called a "Hero Workout". They have named workouts after these men and they take down the picture and before the workout we read about him ad then pray for his family. Then we do the workout that is named after him. Now since these are "hero workouts" they are 10x harder than a normal workout and take 10x as long! Well I got lucky, and on my second day they decided to do one. It is so motivating and makes you want to work so hard for them, but it kick my butt!!! This is a picture of inside our gym..


Because the workout was so hard, they are having a rest day tomorrow and closing the gym, and I have never been happier! I can barley move now, so I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to be like! Here is the link if ya'll are in the nwa area and want to check it out.. I highly recommend it. Best workout and experience.. I am so glad I get to be a part of it. Crossfit NWA

On a different note, look at this cute craft I made this weekend...


I saw one of my friends, Sam, had made one and I thought it was so cute and really easy. I also now have all my fall decor out! I love it! 

Have a wonderful rest of the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment