Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Favorite Things

So I saw this blog post a while back about having a favorite things party- where you throw a party and everyone brings their favorite thing (something either they have always loved, or just recently discovered and can't live without). You bring one for every person there, so usually you put a limit on the cost, since you have to bring multiples.
Well, they other day, I saw a blog that did a favorite things post instead of having a party. Although I think the party would be a blast, mainly just becasue I love planning parties, but I thought this would be a fun way to share "my favorite things" without having to purchase them and I dont know that I could limit the down to just one. I have multiple "favorite" things I feel like I cant live without and I figure if they make my life easier- why not share them :)
Some of these things are super simple and even kind of funny/random.. but I love them and would reccommend them to anyone! Here are my top 6 favorite things!

1. Wet Brush- If you have not heard of this, it has saved my life! I have the thickest hair you could possibly have and it use to literally take me about 15-20 min to brush out my hair when I got out of the shower. It would immediately put me in a bad mood every time I started to brush out my hair. I don't really remember where I got this brush, but I have had it for about a year and love it! It literally goes striaght through my messy, tangled wet hair and makes it so easy. I dont know if anyone else really has this issue, but with as thick as hair as I have and as long as it is, I am so thankful for this brush!



2. Purfume/Lip gloss Set- I love love love this! I am obsesed with lip gloss and always have it on. Well a couple Christmases ago, my mom got this for me and I have received a new one every Christmas! One side is lip gloss and the other is Perfume. Mine is Michael Kors, I am not sure if they make them with other perfumes. Michael Kors is my favorite, so I love it! I keep with with me everywhere I go and everytime I pull it out in public peole always compliment on it. This is a great invention, and dont leve the house without it!



3.Curling Wand- Okay, so most of you know I have nataurally wavy hair and I cant do anything with it. I either have to striaghten the heck out of it to last all day, which takes forever, or lately I have just been sleeping on it wet and getting up I the morning and curling it. Curling it actually takes a lot less time then striaghtening it since it already has a lot of wave to it. I have tried to curl my hair for years and since I have such thick hair nothing ever works and my hair never held curl. Well a few years ago I learned how to curl my hair with my striaghtner and I swear by it! It take a while to learn how to do without frying your hair and burning yourself, but it is worth it. It took me a long time to be able to do it, but now that I know how it takes me about 15 min total, and I have a lot of hair! Well just past month, I have discovered the curling wand! It is just a curling iron without the clasp. You wrap your hair around it and hold it for a few seconds then let it down and it is amazing! I am still in the process of trying to make it look okay to wear out in public, but I am getting there. It is going to take some practice, just like the striaghtner did. It creates a different type of curl and depending on how tight or how much hair you wrap you can get all different effects. I was extreamly skeptical at first becasue thinking about it doesnt seem like it would be able to curl your hair and it stay. Well even though I dont have it down perfect, I can garuntee you the curls stay! If you have board striaght hair that doesnt hold a curl, I can promise you this will work! It just takes time and practice to get it to look like you want!! So if you want your hair to be curled and stay curled, and you have stright hair... try this. You wont be disappointed! There are a gazillion brands out there, but I was recommened to get Hot Tools and it was only $55 (compared to the Chi's and other "higher" brands around $100) and I would recommend it! It works awesome!!! I also read on another BLOG about anothe brand that works good. (I just have never tried it). On a side note- CHECK OUT THAT BLOG! I could go on and on- I'm in love with all the hair tutorials! Back to the wand- There is also differnt size wands depending on how tight/large you want the curl. There are 3 sizes in the Hot Tools brand and I got the middle one. I like it and it works great, but I wish I would have gotten the largest one due to my length and thickness of hair.



4. Vera Bradely Metropolitian Bag- Now this is something that I prob could live without, but it makes my life so much easier!  I always have so much stuff I take to work with me and I was taking my purse and another bag with all my snacks, planner, iPad, etc. So a girl at work had this bag and I fell in love! Mitchs parents got it for me for my birthday! It holds eveything and more! I just pretty much use it as a purse now. I bought the mini hipster and I use that as my purse/wallet and put it in the metro bag! So when I need to go run an errand or something I just grab the mini hipster and go! It is the perfect solution for me. I take it everywhere and I highly recommend it if you are like me and take lots of "stuff" with you everywhere you go!

5. Tervis Tumbler- I am obsessed with these! I have two and I use them on a daily basis!! I have a smaller leopard print one and a large Arkansas one. I always take my smaller leporard one with coffee in it every morning and I fill my AR with sweet tea in the afternoons! I love that they make them in different sizes and that you can put hot and cold in them. Mitch even loves them! He has a large Green Bay one and he takes it everywhere he goes. They are great!


6. Erin Condren Life Planner- If you have not heard of Erin Condren- go check out her Website. You will most likely find lot of things you "need" like I do, but this planner is amazing! I am ocd and I have to have a planner at all times! My husbad always makes fun of me about how orgazined I am. I remember dates very well and I always have my calendar out and out everything little thing on it! I make lists for my lists... and I wish I was kidding ha! So now that you know my love to organization, my obsession with planners should make sense to you. I could ramble on and on about her Life Planner, but just take my word for it and go check it out. Its pretty amazing.. and my guess is you will be ordering one every year from now on too :) I would be lost without mine.. I literally take it everywhere!
 

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I thought it was a fun idea and if y'all have your "favorite things" and want to share- please do!



No comments:

Post a Comment