So this past weekend was a lot of fun. My good friend Elizabeth came up from Dallas to spend the weekend with me. She got here after I got off work and me and a few other of our friends from college went out to dinner and then all stayed up WAY to late talking and catching up. We all slept in the next morning and then went to a late breakfast. Elizabeth and I went to run riverside that afternoon. It was sunny and 80 degrees! It couldn't have been more perfect. I just love when I get to run with her.
That night we all went to dinner again and then Elizabeth and I went and got ice cream and watched movies the rest of the night. She left Sunday and I had a very lazy day. I wasn't use to staying up that late, so I was able to take a 2 hour nap when I got home from church. It was so fun having her here and even though we live far away, I am glad we still make time to visit each other. I just wish we could do it more often. Mitch had to work all weekend, so it was nice to have a girls weekend!
This week has been pretty chill and I am so glad that I have a short work week. I only have one more day of work and then we are Tennessee bound!!
Mitch has gotten pretty serious about starting to apply for schools. He had to have at least two years in the ICU to be able to apply and he is finally there! Most people do not go back to CRNA school until they have had at least 5 years experience, so it's still a long shot- but we figured it doesn't hurt to start looking. So Thursday, we are headed to Jackson, Tennessee to go to a preview day for their graduate program. This preview day is specifically for students interested in their CRNA program. The only thing different about this school, is it isn't a masters, it is a doctorate program. Most of the schools are slowly switching to this, so Mitch figured he might as well start looking into it. It is 3 full years instead of 2. He won't really be taking anymore classes than the regular masters program, but he will be in residency and fellowship for a longer period. So we are really excited to spend the weekend in Jackson and see if it is somewhere we would want to live for a few years. I would honestly go anywhere Mitch wants to go, but we do both think if we have a choice... There is really not a place that fits us better than TN :)
That's about all that is going on here! We are super busy for the next several weekends. We only have three weekend until out half marathon!!! Mitch has messed up his knee, so he is going to try and run the half. It has been bothering him for a while and he went out for his 18 mile run and it was just too bad. I feel bad for him- this was one of his goals in life, but I am also glad he isn't going to risk it and screw up his knee for a one time race.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment