We also celebrated the 4th. My brothers birthday is on July 1 and so we always have his party and the 4th of July celebrations all together! Unfortunately, Mitch had to work the 4th so we didn't get to go watch any fireworks. It is one of my favorite times of the year, so I am hoping he will be off next year. When we lived in AR, we were within walking distance of the park they shot of fireworks at and I miss just walking over to the park and enjoying the fireworks. One of my favorite memories of Mitch and I is on the 4th. It was the day we got back from our honeymoon and we spent all day moving into our new house. I remember taking a break to go walk over and watch the fireworks. That was such a fun and exciting time in our lives. We are talking about going to AR for the 4th next year.
We spent a few of the evenings downtown and we just love it! We went back to our favorite pizza place and we also tired a new small little mexican place, Elote and it was so good. We will definitely be going back! We have just come to love the downtown area. It has so many unique places to eat an it is also so dog friendly.
The highlight of our week, was the Toby Keith Twister Relief concert!! Oh my goodness it was incredible. We were able to see so many artist in one day, including Garth Brooks. If you don't know Mitch and I, we are the biggest Garth fans! I remember so well when Mitch and I first met and starting hanging out, Garth came on the radio and I went on and on about how I have always loved Garth. I told him stories of how my parents always talk about me when I was young and every time a new garth cd came out I had to be the first get it. I had all his cd's and they make fun of me because I would blare them in room. Ha! And I was telling Mitch this and he was in shock telling me that he was the biggest Garth fan and he couldn't believe I listened to him and knew every song ha. I won't say he likes Garth more, we both are obsessed... but he does voice his obsession more. I mean we ONLY listen to Garth in his car, we re-watch old Garth concerts and the list of his Garth obsessions go on. I mean, I like these things, but Mitch LOVES doing this. He will spend all afternoon watching the same Garth concert on DVD.
But enough of that.. if you know Mitch and I at all- you already know all this about us. SO when we heard Garth was on the line-up for this concert series we had about 5 people on the computers trying to get tickets. We are those crazy people that would change any plans we had to see Garth. My mom was the lucky one that got all of us floor seats! We were towards the middle of the floor, but about 30 min before Garth came on, we decided to walk up to the front. There was lots of security telling people if their seats were not up here to go back. Well there were two open seats and just sat down and played dumb ha. No one ever said anything to us and we were front row for Garth. The actual stage was set back pretty far- like where the band was- but they had this long part that went into the crowd and we were right there on the side of it... and he spent the whole time right there. We literally couldn't of got any better seats! We also thought he would just sing a few songs, but he sang for about an hour and 10 min! Now we have seen him before in concert, but I bet the conversation comes up at least 3 times a week, how it would probably never happen, but to see Garth that close is a dream of both of ours! And somehow it did! People probably think I am crazy, but it was one of the coolest memories Mitch and I have together! I have already rambled enough about that and could go on and on, but I guess I'll stop and leave you with some pictures.
| I figured I would share some pics of other artists too... Sammy Hagar |
| Willie Nelson |
I will stop there because I have about 100 pics I want to share :)
I am really excited about this week. It is my first week with absolutely no plans! Even though last week was our first week back after all of our traveling.. it was my bros birthday and then with the holiday, it was very busy. Mitch is off all week and we are excited to hang here and play golf! We are thinking about making a day trip to Bentonville. We have some places we want to eat and we love to walk the CB trails!


No comments:
Post a Comment