Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Vail 2013

Well, we are finally back! We had the best time in Colorado and were sad to leave. I could go on and on about how much we loved it there. Like I said before, I had never been there in the summertime and oh my goodness... it was like heaven! I fell in love and seriously could live there. Ha! Mitch has always loved it there... I have always said since we started dating, he would live in CO if he could. He may have convinced me too on this trip. He is looking for CRNA schools and CO is one of the only states that do not have a school with a program. If it did- there would not be a questions where we would be going. So for the sake of me rambling on... if  you couldn't tell, we love it there!


We stayed in a cabin on EagleVail Golf Course and it was about a 5 min drive to Vail Valley (downtown vail). It was perfect and we loved staying in the golf course and golfing anytime we wanted. One morning we went to the vail valley farmers market. It was huge and so fun. We really like going to stuff like that and we were able to try some really yummy and unique food. We did a lot of hiking, golfing and shopping! We hiked a few different mountains and it was so fun. The views were absolutely incredible. The golf there was amazing. We golfed some of the most gorgeous (and difficult) courses ever! One was Mt. Massive, and it is America's Highest Golf Course and the course itself wasn't anything that fancy, but the views... oh my goodness they were like nothing I had ever seen before.  Another one of my favorite course was Vail Golf Club and it was hands down the nicest course I have ever played. And of course the views were nice too :)





Mitch and I have always talked about having a place we go every year. We love talking to families that go to the same place every year for a little vacation. It is so neat and it kind of becomes your home away from home. We both want to make Vail "our place". We just fell in love with the town and everything about it. We are already planning our trip back for next summer. We went at the perfect time. The last week of June is when we would like to do it because it is our anniversary, the weather is perfect and it is the week before peak season of golf, so all the golf is dramatically less expensive. One of the courses we golfed was $210 a person and we golfed it for under half of that. So that was we get to play some really nice courses.







So thats our trip in a nutshell. I could tell you more, but I'll spare y'all. We are now home for 2 weeks!!! Everyone keeps asking me what I am doing all summer, since I have it off, and if I am getting bored and I haven't even had a chance to be bored ha! We have been traveling so much and the longest we have been home is 5 days. So this is the first time I don't feel like I have to unpack, do laundry, repack and keep the house in order. It's nice to have some time to just chill and honestly enjoy Tulsa. We have come to love Tulsa and downtown is one of our favorite places. We have golfed a lot this week and we are golfing again Friday. We went to dinner with some friends last night and hung out downtown. We went to Hey Mambo and if you have not been there.. it is my favorite place to eat downtown. It is pizza and it is wonderful. I have been before, but it was Mitch's first time and he loved it. We might have to make it a weekly thing. Its hands down my favorite pizza ever.

We don't have much going on until our San Francisco trip. My brothers 18th birthday was Monday, and we always have a big party for him on the 4th. I cannot believe he is 18! He is a senior and has started looking at colleges... it is so weird. Although we are OBU alum, I don't think OBU is the place for him. He is looking at bigger schools and for what he wants to do, unfortunately OSU may not be an option. They have a program, but there are a few other schools around here that have better programs... one being OU. This would be a big challenge for our family ha! But the other one he is serious about is the U of A! This made Mitch and I very happy. They have one of the top programs and we have a few connections with them. Honestly, my brother would fit into the U of A community perfect. It may not be where he ends up, but the atmosphere and everything about Fayetteville, he would love. I love Fayetteville, and working there for 2 years- I am a little biased. I had always heard about the U of A, even when we lived there, but until I actually worked at the University, is when I learned the most about it. The campus is so fun during school and they always have so many fun things going on during the semesters. I use to help with tours, so I will make sure he gets a good one Ha!

Tonight our lifegroup is going downtown to guthrie green to watch fireworks and this weekend we are golfing and also going to the Toby Keith Tornado Relief concert. The only reason we are going is to see Garth Brooks. Even if he plays only a few songs, it will be so worth it.

Hope y'all are enjoying this break from the heat. Have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment