Last week, we had been going back and forth on whether we were going to go back home for Labor day weekend. Mitch had his first HUGE Anatomy and Physiology test (more on that in a little) Tuesday, and he has a really wonderful study group with three guys that I did not want him to miss out on, especially the weekend before the test. But we found out the other guys in the group were either going home also or having parents come here to visit. So they decided they would take friday-sunday off from studying with the group and just focus individually then get back together monday before the test. So then that made our decision to go ahead and go home. I kept telling Mitch we didn't have to go, but he kept telling me, he is going to be studying all day, so he would rather me be at home with family while he is so busy.
So we headed out after his class thursday and went to AR first. It cuts off about an hour and a half of our drive and since we already weren't getting in until around 1am, we figured that would be best. We got up early friday morning, made a stop at our favorite coffee shop, Kennedy, and headed to Tulsa.
When we got there we went straight to get Mitch some new dress clothes and suits. He has several anesthesia conferences he has to attend and has to be dressed nice. He has once church clothes, but they were all form high school ha, so he was really due for some new dress clothes. We spent FOREVER in Jos. A. Bank, but they were having their big labor day sale and he got 2 new suits, 3 new blazers and several dress shirts and dress pants. So he is set for a while :)
That evening, we went out with my parents and it was so nice to be back in Tulsa! We went to eat at this Chinese place on brookside called Mings- if you like Chinese and haven't been there, its a must! I got pad thai and it was probably the best I have ever had. We walked round brookside and made our way to downtown for dessert at Mods-best crepes and gelato around! It was the perfect evening!
Saturday, Mitch got up at 6 and started studying again. I went and ran errands with my parents and they we cooked all afternoon to get ready for the AR AND OSU games. Mitch finally took a break around dinner and watched the osu game. He studied for about 9 hours straight that day. This is why I wanted to come home ha! I am getting use to him studying all the time, but it was nice to be back home with family while he is so busy.
Sunday we went to church and then headed back to AR to spend the evening there. It was so nice to get to see everyone and catch up. We didn't get to spend a lot of time in AR this trip, but we are hoping to go back there in the near future.
Monday we got up and headed out about 4:30am!! I hate getting up that early, but we we make it back by 11:30 its worth it. Mitch had a study group starting at noon and they studied all afternoon and finally came home for dinner around 6-then back to more studying. Y'all I am not use to this amount of studying, but I am so glad he is working so hard. This program is so intense, but he is loving it and so excited about what he is learning.
Tuesday, he got up and I bet you couldn't guess-he studied some more. He went in to take his test at 1pm and found out yesterday he got an 85! He was hoping for an A, especially for the amount of time he spent on it, but he was okay with that grade, on his first test. Long story, but there was a lot of controversy and politics with some of the questions, Mitch felt like some of the questions were unfair, but overall now he knows what to do different. He was happy with his grade, but it is still very stressful because in all his classes he has to maintain a B or he gets probation then kicked out of the program. I am sure its extremely stressful, but I have no doubt he is going to excel in this program!
Yesterday, he took a break from studying and we went exploring. We have head there are really nice hiking and walking trails around, and we have been wanting to find them. There are some that are right across from the university and we went there yesterday. It was so wonderful and we just loved it. It was all woods and shaded and Bella was in heaven! We will def be going back-probaly daily ha!
I have said before that we had our house set up and decorated from day 3 of living here ha! But the one thing I have been putting off is unpacking all my china and crystal and putting it in the hutch. Well with all the down time I have- not having a job yet and M studying all the time- I spend one morning finally getting that done.
| "before" |
| "After" |
Today, M just found out his 5 hour class got canceled due to the prof being sick. He is one excited guy because now he can get his studying and work in before the PACKERS play tonight!!! We are both very excited football is back, but he is just beyond happy to watch Green Bay. I meant to get a picture of him before he left this morning for his study group, but he is decked out in his packers gear and of course has his Clay Matthews jersey on :)
Fall is right around the corner, even though these awful temperatures are keeping me from thinking that is true. But we are suppose to see a pretty drastic cool down this next week and that will be so wonderful. I already have all my fall candles and soaps out, and now all we need is a little cool, crisp air! I LOVE fall, if you can't tell :)
No comments:
Post a Comment