Monday, September 29, 2014

Top 5

I have been reading a blog and recently they did a post on the top 5 things everyone needs to make life a little easier. So I thought I would share mine. I have done a post on "my favorite things" before, but this one is a little different. These are things that I believe everyone should own.

There are so many things a girl needs.. am I right? Well I have made of a list of the top things I couldn't live without. Okay so maybe thats a little drastic, but I would really miss them. And let me clarify, these are not things I think every girl should have- because in that case I would be writing about a Kate Spade purse, Michael Kors Perfume and a good pair of heels (or boots- to keep with the fall season). So these are things I own that really do make my life easier. I have purchased them personally and will keep purchasing them- well until they some out with something bigger and better, because of course they will.

1. Erin Condren Life Planner
          Okay, yes I have posted about this before, including in my favorite things post, but y'all thats how much I LOVE these planners! And yes, let me clarify... I know I know people are turning to technology for planners and thats is all great and wonderful. But call me old fashion, I still love a good paper planner. I love to write in it, color in it and make it my own! Okay, so I admit, some people would not think of this as a necessity of life, but yes, I do. First off, I am a very type A person. I like organization and I like to plan. This planner lets me do both. It's packed with tons of helpful pages and I use every bit of it. It even comes with stickers for every occasion and they are color coordinated. This may not make some of you as happy as it does me, but for my OCD, this is awesome. I am that person who write things out first on scratch paper, no matter what it is, before I put it on paper for good... yes this includes my grocery list. So if you have never purchased, or even looked at these planners, check them out! They are kids pricey for a planner, but for all that it offers, its worth every penny... to me (and I usually get an 50% off coupon every november). It even lets you customize your cover. This might be my favorite part. I love making things personal and Erin Condren lets you do just that. I have had 4 of these planners and I do not see myself without one anytime soon. I carry it with me everywhere and I mean everywhere.. Wal-mart, vacations, appts... you name it, I have it with me. Even Mitch doubles checks I have it before we leave the house. He knows I will feel lost without it.


2.  Key Chain Pepper Spray
          Okay this one is a must for me, always has been, always will me. I feel like you should always be prepared and aware of your surroundings all the time, especially as ladies. I understand people have pepper spray and things still happen, but in my mind, its better to have it and try to use it. Who knows, it may save your life. I keep mine on my key chain and take it everywhere with me. It even comes in this cute pink case- I got the pink because it matches the stuff on my key chain. I also take it off my keychain and take it with me when I run by myself. Some people may think this is drastic, but 1- you can never be too careful and 2- where we live now, its a must ha!



3. CrockPot Covers
          This one may sound silly, but if you have used them before you completely get me. If you haven't, try them. I LOVE making meals in the crockpot, but I hate the cleanup. I don't know why, but I absolutely cannot stand cleaning up after a dinner in the crockpot. Our crockpot is white, so this helps with those nasty stains that are left behind as well. Funny story- You know when you get married, there is always that one gift you get multiples of... well ours was crockpots. We got FOUR. Now to this day I am still wondering why we decided to keep the one we did. I mean it is a nice crockpot, good size, works great, but its white. I hate having to clean it over and over and over and their are still stains. I am wanting to purchase a new black one, but I haven't convinced Mitch quite yet. Anyways, in the meantime of having this white crockpot, these crockpot covers have been the best thing since sliced bread. I know I may be a little behind on this one, but for the past few months we have been on cloud nine not having a huge mess to cleanup. They are worth it! *Just be careful when you're cutting the meat and don't cut through the bottom of the bag. This may or may not have been a personal experience.


4. Personalized Address Stamp
          Are you sensing a theme with my necessities of life. Most of them help my ocd and this is another one. I like a good clean addressed envelope. It also makes life easier by not taking so much time writing out the return address. I probably need to preface, I love snail mail. Yes I still write letters, send birthday cards, etc.  I have had three of these (one for each place we've lived) and they really do come in handy... especially during Christmas card season! In the past I have gone with the standard rectangle style, but of course cute letters/numbers. For our new house here in TN, I went with a round design and love it. Also, another thing to add about these stamps. My previous ones, I just ordered the stamp, and I had to go buy a ink pad. Not a big deal...right? Wrong! I mean its not the end of the world, but this year I got one that is self inking and it is so nice and quick! You can get there almost anywhere if you just google personalized address stamps. This year I got mine from SimplyStamps.com and it was very decently priced.


5. Mini Steamer
          Last but definitely not least, the mini steamer. This probably should've been number one. It really is one of those items I couldn't live without. You are probably wondering how I discover this. Let me tell you. Well about 2 years ago, I was watching TV... some sort of talk show and this guy was on there talking about necessities for traveling and for some reason out of all the things he said, the mini steamer stuck with me. I still to this day don't know why- but I went out bought one-best decision ever. Probably because I hate ironing- like never ever do it! I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond for cheap and it has saved my life. I use it not only when we travel because it is so nice and small to travel with but I use it almost everyday! Its quick, easy and actually works really good. I was skeptical on how well it would work and let me tell you, I am impressed. Another plus- Mitch even uses it, all the time. He never irons, don't know if he knows how- but with this he gets it out and uses it when he feels he needs to. Less work for me :)


So this may of been a little different, but I thought it would give you a break on our exciting life we live here in TN. I also thought it was a fun post for me and I hope you enjoy it and maybe even purchase one of these- you wont be disappointed!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment