On Friday we literally cooked all day! But we enjoyed it... cooking together is one of our favorite things to do. That night we had Mitch's mom and dad over because we missed his dad's birthday, since it was over Thanksgiving. So first we baked a cake so it could cool all day...
And Mitch helped too!
It is a chocolate chip cake and it is my best friend, Natalie's mom's recipe. Mine didn't turn out quite as good as hers, but it was still delicious!
After is cools, you cover it with powdered sugar! And I just love having my cake stand to display it in. I didn't think I would use it much, but it is hardly ever empty!
We then started to make chicken lasagna, which is both, Mitch and I's favorite meal. It is so bad for you, so we don't make it often. And it takes forever! There are so many steps... it is the most complicated recipe ever, but very worth it!
Mitch has to make the majority of it. I have yet to try and cook this by myself...
Later that night we watched the Bentonville game. They were playing in the championship game against Fayetteville and Bentonville won!!! It was such a good game!
Saturday morning, I had to teach my tennis class until noon, and it was also the Bentonville Christmas parade. I was bummed I wasn't going to be able to go... but turned out my last class only had 2 girls show and so I was able to leave. So Mitch and I went and it was sooo cold, so we drove around to see if there was a place to watch it in the car, and we got lucky! We got a front row spot and could see everything perfect, while staying warm. Each float had a theme to it, and here were some of my favorites...
This one was "A Christmas Story" and was so cute!! It had the little boy with his tongue stuck to the light pole at the front of the float!
This was Mitch's dad's companies float. It was also one of my favorites! They did "Christmas Vacation" and it was pulled by a old RV and had a house with lights all over it! Most floats passed out candy and they passed out beanies! That was such a good idea since it was so cold!
And of course you can't end a parade without Santa!!
After that parade we had lunch and I was exhausted so I was going to lay down for a while. That night was a dessert theater/auction at our church and we planned on going, but we got a call from my mom and they were going to celebrate my dad and grandma's birthday on Sunday for lunch. They didn't really expect us to come on such late notice, but didn't have a lot going on, and I will hardly ever pass up a trip back to Tulsa. I love it there and every time I go back I miss it more. So since we were in no hurry, we both took a nap and headed out about 4:30.
It was so nice to spend my dad's birthday with him. It actually isn't until Dec. 10th, but my grandma's is the 4th so we always do something in the middle for both of them. I am usually at school, because it always falls the weekend before finals, so I was glad to be home to celebrate with him. We had my whole family over and grilled out. I just love this time of year, especially since I get to be around family so much.
Sunday night we headed back to B'ville and had to make our weekly Wal-Mart trip. It was late by the time we got back, but it was nice because no one was there. On our way home, we went and drove through Pinnacle and looked at their lights. Mitch and I do this every year and this year we were kind of disappointed. The past several years it has been awesome and the best place to go look at lights. Every house is usually decorated so extravagant and has more lights than you can imagine..but this year they were slacking ha! There was one good street, but thats it. We are going to go back again in a few weeks to see if more people put up lights.
Speaking of lights... I finally took pictures of our house! Sorry the picture isn't that clear...
It was so much fun to do this for the first time with Mitch! I love having lights on our house, and we better enjoy it, because we will only get to do it one more Christmas before we move away to an apartment and wont be able to have lights on our "own house". But I am glad that we have these couple years to do all this fun stuff in our house.
Mitch and I have been trying to eat healthier, and so I have been making smoothies a lot and thought I would share my recipe with y'all! We have a huge blender, but we also forgot about out little blender we got. It is perfect if you just want to make one.
And the top part is actually the cup... so you make it and drink it all in the same glass. It makes it really easy.
I hope everyone had a good Monday! Mitch and I are starting p90x up again and I am not looking forward to our first workout tonight!
Here are a few recipes for ya...
LeAnn's Chocolate Chip Cake
1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup melted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding
1/2 bag milk chocolate chips
*Mix all ingredients together and pour in a greased bunt pan. Bake at 350 for 40 min.
Healthy Blueberry-Banana Smoothie
3-4 tbsp light, low-fat blueberry yogurt
1 whole banana, chopped
5-6 ice cubes
Blend together and serve.




No comments:
Post a Comment