Sunday, April 3, 2011

5k race and hiking trip

Hi! I hope y'all are enjoying your Sunday and this beautiful weather! I can't believe it was in the 80's today! Mitch and I have had a pretty fun weekend. We were both off all weekend and so we took advantage of this beautiful weather! 

Friday, Mitch had to work, and since I took off Thursday to go to Tulsa, I had to go in for a few hours on Friday. Our office is in the middle of remodeling and so all the construction workers and interior designers were there.. needless to say I didn't get a lot done :) I left at 1 and came home and took a nap. I have been so tired lately. I don't think I ever caught up on my sleep from Denver and I have been working late because of my events. After my nap, I decided to go shopping. I had some birthday money, and I found a really cute dress at target! I also went to walmart and got stuff to make dinner.

Saturday, Mitch and I had to get up early for our race. It was just a 5k so we really didn't prepare much, but it was a lot of fun. I love the atmosphere of races... especially with the weather finally starting to warm up! They had stuff all along the square and there were so many people! I wish I could have ran the half, but with my back I am still suppose to take it easy for a few more weeks! 



My friend Jenna, was suppose to run with me, but she hurt her back and couldn't run, so Mitch took her spot! I love running races with Mitch, but I always end up running by myself because he is so fast :) He placed 2nd, which was awesome! 


After our race, we went out and had breakfast and then decided to go hiking. We were planning on going hiking on Sunday after church, but my mom ended up coming up for lunch on Sunday, so we went around 11 Saturday morning and stayed out all day! It was the perfect day and there were so many people out! We had never been to this trail before, so we didn't really know what to expect. It was a very rocky, skinny trail but we ended up really liking it. It took us to a look out spot over beaver lake that was so pretty! Here are some pictures form our hike...




We had to stop for a snack break :)

Mitch's large walking stick! 


Beaver Lake



We literally spent all day out there and when we got home, we got ready and went over to Jenna and Byran's house for a cookout and games night! Everyone brought their own meat to grill out and then they provided all the sides. It was a really fun idea and I always love when we all get together. After dinner, they started playing games, but I was just so tired from being up early for the race and hiking all day we left. We came home and watched some tv and I was asleep by 9:30 on a Saturday night... lame I know :)

Today we went to church and met my mom and grandparents at our favorite restaurant, MarketPlace! It was nice to see them and have a good lunch! My mom also brought me my new iPad! I was so excited to get it! After lunch, we went to another trail and went walking. This one wasn't quite as intense as the hike on Saturday. We went to Compton Gardens, a trail right by our house. It is so pretty and is one of my favorite places to run!


With the weather in the 80's today, we just wanted to be outside all day! We walked all the way up to Crystal Bridges and then back home. When we got back, we went and just laid out on our back porch. One of my all time favorite things to do it lay out! I love hot weather and I would almost go as far as saying I might be a little addicted to it. I would lay out day everyday if I could! There is just something about the warm sun hitting your body... I love it! The rest of the day we spend messing with the ipad and watching golf... and I was so excited Phil won! He is my all time favorite golfer and I am cheering him on for another win at the Masters! 

Tonight, we went over to Mitch's parents house for dinner. They grilled out steaks and they were delicious! We also celebrated my birthday with them, and now I am going to have to go do some shopping.. I am not going to complain :)

We are now back at home relaxing and Mitch is trying to set up the iPad for us. I have been so busy at work lately and this week is only going to be busier. We have events every night but Thursday and one all day on Friday! I love what I do, so I am really looking forward to it... but I am trying to prepare myself for a long tiring week. Mitch doesn't work much at all this week, but works next Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Looks like I will be watching the Masters all weekend by myself. I hate when we works all weekend. But I am looking forward to seeing Will and Michelle this weekend! 

That is a little about our weekend.. I hope all y'all got outside in this gorgeous weather. It is making me so ready for summer! I hope y'all have a wonderful Monday and a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment