This past weekend, Mitch took me to Kansas City to celebrate my birthday! I just love KC, it is such a fun place with the best shopping! We met my family up there and it was nice to get to spent some time with them. Friday we slept in and shopped all day! We started out at one of my favorite outdoor malls, Zona Rosa, and shopped there the majority of the day.
That night we took my parents to Oklahoma Joes.. it is a bbq place inside a gas station. I have blogged about it before, but it is really good bbq. My parents have been to the one in OK, but wanted to try this one. It was delicious as usually and we got there just in time. We waited in line for about 20 minutes and by the time we ordered the line was all the way out the door into the parking lot.
After we ate, we went to Legends mall, it is another outdoor mall and shooped until about 9 that night. We were all so worn out, we went back to the hotel and went straight to bed. It was such a fun day and I got lots of new work clothes. At my old job, the attire was pretty simple, business professional. But here st the U of A, they are super relaxed. You can dress up as much as you want or just wear nice jeans with a cute top/blazer. I am goign to buy some new razorback shirts this week, as long as you dress them up a litte, they let you wear them! I love that!
Saturday, we went and had breakfast and then headed to the KC City Market. I have been multiple times with my parents and we love it. I am obsessed with famers markets and this is the same concept on a much larger scale. We got there at 10:00 and didn't leave until about 1:00 and I dont know if we covered it all. The have sections of food, spices, plants, music, clothes, art, etc... it goes on forever! But we love it and it was the perfect morning to be outside!
We headed to the plaza for lunch and yes.. more shopping. I love the atmosphere of the plaza and not to mention all the shops... it is huge! Most of the stores are on the high end and are super pricey, but they have others as well and it is always fun to just look. That night my parents wanted me to pick a restraunt for my birthday and there re so many good ones in KC. My favorite is cheesecake factory, but we have one in Tulsa and I wanted to eat somehere we dont get to have a lot. So I had decided on Bucca De Peppo, Mitch and I just love it. But later on that day, Mitch told me there is a restraunt he went to with a bunch of the guys called Strouds. He told me it was a down home cookin, which he knows is my favorite. He reassured me it was good, and so I decided on there for dinner.
This place was amazing... if you like fried chicken, this place is a must if you are ever in KC! It is this old style farm house on hundreds of acres and they are know for their old fashion, pan fried chicken and everything is served family style. OMG... it was all so delicious and I ate way to much! At the end they bring you our fresh, hot hommeade cinomon rolls that are to die for! Everything about this place was amazing and we will always make a trip back to Strouds when er go to KC!
Sunday we didnt do much, slept in, had brerakfast and later headed home. We got home in time to hang out with Will and Michelle for little bit. We hated we were out of town the weekend they were here, but it was nice to see them for a while.
I also got a few birthday presents a little early! My SIL, knows me to well and got me Victoria Secret "Pink" Yoga pants! I have two other pair that are full length pants and I have been wanting some cropped ones so bad! My parents got me a new watch and I am in love. I love that it is silver and gold!
Michelle also got me the cutest picture frame with a picture of us four on our cruise! I love it!
Mitch's parents also gave me a new Vera Bradely bag!! I have been wanting this bag for weeks and I looked for it everywhere this weekend! I am so excited and it fits everything in it!! I have spent the majority of my morning on the Vera Bradely website.. I have few more things I am excited to order :)
Other than that, we have just been taking it easy. Yesterday it was in the 80's and from the moment we got home, we spent all afternoon outside! I offically got my first sun burn of the season :)
I hope y'all have a wonderful week and enjoy this amazing weather!!











No comments:
Post a Comment