I am going on my 3rd week at the U of A and I am still loving it. This week is spring break and I only have to work a few days and they will be short. There is not a lot to do when the students and faculty aren't on campus. So I am excited about that. We are taking a "field trip" wednesday to Crystal Bridges, so I only have to be at work until 10 then we get a tour and lunch. Although I have been, I figured why not get paid to go and get off half a day, so I can't complain.
Last weekend was Elizabeths bachelorette party and it was so nice to see all the girls! I went down early with Elizabeth and we had lunch and decorated the hotel. We stayed downtown brick town so it was a fun atmosphere with everything they have going on. Mitch and I got to OKC a lot and we just love it there! Once we got everything decorated we got ready and everyone showed up. We played some games and then went to dinner at Zios.
We came back to the hotel and played more games and opened presents! It was so fun and I loved getting to catch up with everyone . Sunday we got up and all went to Shawnee to eat at Vans. There is really not much to say about that, Vans is always delicious!
When I got back to Arkansas that night, Mitch's aunt, uncle and cousins were in town from Memphis so we spent a lot of time with them all last week. We got a new restaurant downtown on the square called Flying Fish and we have been dying to try it, so last wednesday night we all went and it was so good! We highly recommend it. It is a chain, and they have amazing seafood and New Orleans style food. Mitch went expecting crawfish, but they aren't going to be in season until next week, so we will be making a trip back soon :) I got crawfish chowder to start with and then shrimp and catfish for my entree, I t came with fries and hushpuppies and they were to die for!! If you live here and haven't tried to, or are visiting, its a must.
This weekend, I was really looking forward to staying home and relaxing, but I got a call from Alfred Angelo and my dress was in for Elizabeths wedding and I had to try it on before I could pick it up. Since we have so much going on these next cupel of weeks I was not going to be in Tulsa again until after the wedding, we had no choice but to go to Tulsa and try it on. Saturday morning we left and made it to tulsa a little before lunch time. We went and tried on the dress and then went and had lunch with scott at a new mexican restaurant Chuys. I have eaten at them before in Dallas, and love them! I am pretty picky on mexican food and I think this might be my favorite. I think it will go over great in Tulsa!
We were so exhausted and were planning on just resting all weekend, and even though we had to come to Tulsa, we went home after lunch and took a 2 hour nap! My parents weren't home, they left friday for Taos, NM to go skiing so we didn't have any plans and just relaxed all day! That night we went out with some friends to dinner and cherry street for st. patty day. We aren't really big on the whole scene of 15th street, but it was fun to just get out and see all the people. It was a beautiful night and we were just able to hang out with friends! I really enjoyed it!
We came home this morning and have been relaxing all day. We are suppose to get some bad storms/flooding this week, so we spent the day outside trying to soak up this beautiful weather!
Mitch only works thursday this week and I have a relaxing short week and then on thursday night we are headed to KC for the weekend! I love KC so Mitch told me he was going to take me there for my birthday! He knows I love it there and my family is going to met us up there, I am really looking forward to it! I am excited for lots of yummy food and shopping at the plaza! It is def one of my favorite weekend getaway spots!
So thats what we have been up to, nothing to exciting, just really busy! Have a wonderful week!



No comments:
Post a Comment