Friday, July 13, 2012

Last night at 204 Lyndal Lane

Well the past two days have been bitter sweet. Last night was our last night in our house it was pretty sad. We were so busy and up way to late packing the u-haul, I didn't really have time to dwell on it, but this morning I woke up and was really sad when I realized when I leave for work, that wll be the last time I will be in our house and at 2:00 today we are no longer the owners of 204 Lyndal Lane.


It was HUGE and yes we are struggling to fit everything ha!

I am so so so excited about our new journey and moving to Tulsa, but it is always hard leaving something behind with so many good memories. I know without a doubt this is what we are suppose to be doing, and I can't wait to be settled in Tulsa, but Bentonville has become my home and I think I will always think of it like that! I am sure we will be back a lot. I already have multiple things I am coming back for just in the next month. I am so glad we are close enough to not just leave it for good, but that we can still come back anytime, even just for a day, and enjoy our favorite things about NWA.

This morning before I left, I was looking at the house and I was reminding myself, this house is just a building, our home is where we are together. We have had so many wonderful memories in this house, I mean it was our very first house together. I still remember moving in on the fourth of july right when we got back from our honeymoon. It was such an exciting time, but we knew all along we would not be there for long. I think this house will always be the hardest to leave since it was where we started out. We both got our first jobs in this house, our first dog, had our first holidays together as a family in this house and I could go on and on with a list of "first's" that come along with this house. We also completely re-modeled this house, so we picked out everything from paint colors to counter tops and backsplash. I feel like we are leaving a piece of us here and I think that is another reason it is so hard. We chose everything about how this house was done and now we are leaving it.

I could not have asked for a better place to begin our lives together as a family, but Tulsa is where my heart is and I have always dreamed of raising my family in Tulsa. As much as I love NWA, and wouldn't change my last 2 years here for anything, it is a lot different than Tulsa and I am just an Oklahoma girl. I loved getting the experience living there and have truly come to love it, but when it comes down to it, there isn't anywhere I would rather be than Tulsa, especially when it comes time to start a family. We are going to be surrounded by our closest friends and that in itself will be worth it! Having a strong community and support system, we have found out is one of the most important things.

We have been so blessed by many people in NWA and we will always have a very special place in our hearts for Bentonville. But it is time to start a new chapter in our lives and next week we are offically Tulsa bound! I cannot wait to get there and for Mitch and I to start a new journey in Tulsa, OK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment