We're back!! We had such an amazing time last week at camp! I can't even begin to describe to you how amazing it was! I have grown up my whole life going to multiple church camps a summer and this one is up at the top. Even though I was a counselor and not technically a camper, God still did some pretty amazing things in my life. I could go on and on about how much fun we had.. how awesome our theme nights were, how amazing the lazy river was and so much more, but watching God work in the lives of students and adults was incredible. I had many experiences this week of my own and how God revealed himself to me, but I thought I would share this specific story since it goes along with what I have been blogging about lately. I thought this would be more bennifical than going through every day (even though I would love to share about our days and how awesome they were).
So, Monday we got to camp late in the afternoon, had to go straight to a swim test for the kids and then to oreintation. We got little to no time to unpack and get our bunks set up (which by the way were awesome). We went straight to dinner to service to small groups to late night and needless to say I was exhasted. I wasn't taking into consideration most days will not be that hectic and busy, we were about 1 hour late on everything that day and so I was always stressing out. And not to mention everything we had going on at home was still on my mind. So by Monday night about 11:30 (we still had not done late night, which takes several hours), I was almost in tears. I think it was just because how tired I had been and all the stuff we had going on back home. I could tell you the multiple stories of our house, our new house, jobs and packing.. everything seemed to be going wrong. I remember Monday night I told Mitch I wish I could go home and I just didnt think I had the strength to make it through the week.. He kept reassuring me that I was just overly tired and tomorrow will be better. So that night, I skipped late night and all I could do was pray and pray that I would have a change of heart and that God would provide me with strength to get through the week. (I was not use to going to bed around 3 and getting up at 7 everyday).
Tuesday when I woke up I felt like a new person! I wasn't tired at all, and my desire to be there and love on my group of 10th grade girls was so strong! I was so thankful and I know 100% the Lord gave me that strength. And that was how it was the rest of the week. I was able to develop so many new friendships, and just enjoy my time there. Everyday that passed was better than the first and I soon found myself dreading leaving. I had literally the BEST group of girls. The were so awesome and I just hope I was able to bless then as much as they blessed me. Spending a whole week living with girls, you are able to really bond and get to know each other. And there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thanking the Lord for bringing them into my life.
Even though I was having the best time, I was still thinking about stuff at home. I knew I needed to let it go and not focus on it that week, but it was so hard to actually do. I am going to back up a little bit on my story... On the bus ride down to camp I recieved a call from the school I really want to work at in Jenks and they wanted me to come in for an interview, but the only time they were holding the interviews was that Thursday. I told them I was going to be out of state helping at a camp and they pretty much just said in a nice way, that if I couldnt make it, they were not going to reschedule the interview for the following week. Well most of you know I haven't had any leads on jobs at all and that being my first job to hear anything from and I had to turn it down killed me. So all week I was dwelling on that. I knew I needed to trust the Lord and know that he had a reason for me being at camp, but even knowing that I just couldn't let go of that.
Well all week I was able to talk a lot with one of my girls who wasn't saved and on Wednesday night she came to me and I was able to lead her to Christ. It was the highlight of my week. I was able to see her completely broken and the Lord chose to use me to help her. I am still in awe of this. Well you would think after that it would have clicked that God really did have me at this camp for a reason, and even though I knew that in the back of my mind, I was still thinking about how frusterated I was that I missed the interview. I just couldn't let it go.
So we had a great rest of the week- looking back I wouldn't trade that week for anything. I learned so much myself and loved spending time with my girls!! Monday (yesterday) was my first day back at work and you would think it wouldn't of taken me this long to put everything together (I knew it all along, but I wasn't wanting to believe it). But I was sitting at my desk and I just randomly had a thought... I started thinking about that job interview and then I realized, my purpose on this earth is not to become a teacher (it may be part of His plan, but not my sole purpose), but instead to be a light for others and spread the word of Christ and thats just what I was able to do at camp. This is all stuff I have always known, but it was like I was finally (and willingly) giving it all to God and I understood what happened at camp is my purpose, not trying to find a job. I literally almost started crying ha! I am so thankful I quit being so concerened about my job and had a complete change of heart. I felt free and I was 100% confident God had me there, He knew I was going to miss the interveiw, and he had plans for me if I would just trust him. Once all that "hit" me, I didn't even have the desire to worry anymore about my job, I just trusted things were going to work out. It was the best feeling!
Well, it wasn't one hour later and I had not one, but TWO job interviews set up for later that day at the same school I wanted!! God is good and it is amazing to watch what happens when you completly give your worries over to him and trust that He knows what He's doing :)
I know that may be a lot to share with y'all, but it was on my heart and I figured why not share about the amazing things God is doing! I think I should do that more often. But anyways, I drove to Tulsa yesterday (trip #2 out of 4 this week, yes moving is crazy stressful), and the interviews went well. I am hoping to hear back by the end of this week! I will hopefully get around to posting some pictures from camp soon. Mitch and I were both so blessed this past week and we were asked to go back next year and it wasn't even a hesitation- its already marked on our calendars! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment