Happy Wednesday Y'all!
On a different subject... We have some exciting news to share. When we decided we were going to go all in and make this big change, there were four things we needed to have done and we honestly never dreamed we would have them done. We needed to sell our house, Mitch find a job, I needed to find a job and we needed to buy a house. You couldn't of paid us to believe we would have all those things done before we moved. Especially since it was all in a little over a months time period. It is such a blessing and so nice to have that reassuance from God that we are doing the right thing.
So our first piece of news is that we have a house! I had mentioned about a week ago we found a house we both fell in love with, but since it ws a forclosure, we had to make a bid along with several others and we found out last monday we got it! We were so excited. Being a forclosure makes things a little more difficult, And usually with forclosures, you have to do a lot of work, but this one only needs new carpet and paint (which secretly I love becasue I think paint makes your house unique to you and theres nothing better then fresh carpet). There have been and usually are some difficulties with buying a fourclosure home. I think we are about done with that stage.. thank goodness!
So now we are waiting until closing and then we can start with the painting and carpet! This is the fun part- picking out paint colors :)
Our other piece of good news is I offically accpeted a job yesterday!! Like I said earlier, it was the last of the four major things we wanted to have done in order to make this move sucessful. I was stressing so much becasue I hadn't heard anything in a long time and the main reason we were moving in the first place was for me to start on my teaching certificate and this job was the first step to that process. If I wasn't able to find a job, it would have put me back a whole year. So.. I am going to be working at Jenks West Elem. in pre-k! I could not be happier! I applied to about 7 schools and this was by far my top choice! It has a great reputation as a school and it only about 5 min from our new house! I can not wait until school starts and I love that I am going to be working one on one with a teacher. I know nothing about having my own classroom and I am so lucky to have someone show me the ins and outs of it all! My last day of work at the U of A is Friday and then I will have a four week break and start the week of August 13th!!
So we have been busy with all this going on, but we keep telling ourselves.. it is better to have this problem than to have not sold our house, or not have jobs! Our last night in our house is Thursday and is is bitter sweet. It was our first house together, but we are both super excited about this next chapter in our lives. I thought I would be more sad than I am, but honestly, I am just so ready to be back in Oklahoma!!! I know we will always consider Bentonville our home,it just wasn't where we wanted to be long term.
Hope y'all have a good rest of ther week!
Congratulations on the house and new job!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the long summer break before school starts! I know you will have tons of fun painting and making your new house a home!
Congrats on the house and the job! That is exciting! We are about a week out from closing on our first home and we could not be more excited. I know what you mean about the paint! I can't wait to get in to our new place and make it our own!
ReplyDelete