Well this first 10 days of my break has already flown by, and the crazy thing is I still have 8 days of my break to enjoy! I just love being a teacher ha! Since Christmas is over, and all the craziness that comes with it, I am actually starting to get a little bored ha. I think since mitch is working so much this weekend, I have been super lazy and not doing anything. Sometimes that makes me more tired if I don't do anything. But I will admit, it has been nice to have NO plans and just lay around the house. Sometimes I think everyone needs a few days like that.
Will and Michelle left on the 26th and Mitch and I took a 3 hour nap ha! We were both so tired form all the traveling and everything. It was so nice to catch up on some sleep. That evening we went to Dicks- they were suppose to be having really good sales, but they weren't... or at least we didn't find any. Mitch had 5 gift cards to Dicks, so he was in heaven and he got a new North Face jacket and some training clothes for his marathon.
We spent the next two days doing about the same thing. I think there was a day when we didn't leave the house all day so about 8pm we were both going crazy! So we decided to go to Sams and walk around. It is our go to place when we don't have anything to do or just want to get out. We did end up getting some food. Some of their deals are just too good to pass up.
Sounds exciting huh? We have been super lazy and it has been nice. We are starting to get back in the swing of things for this week. I am going to dinner with a good friend tonight and then tomorrow mitch and I are going to our traditional dinner at PF Changs for New Years Eve. This year it will just be on the EARLY side since he has to go into work. After he goes into work I am hanging out with some good friends at our house.
This week we are going to make a trip to Stillwater. We love going there for the day. I got a gift card to my favorite store, The Rhinestone Cowgirl, and I am going to check it out and eat at Eskimo Joes! So I am looking forward to that!
We have so many things gong on in these next several months and I couldn't be more excited. Mitch is going on a guys trip skiing the beginning of February... I am trying to plan a girls trip for this summer sometime. I need ideas on places to go! We are also going to be spending 4 days in KC over Valentines day weekend. In March, for Spring Break I think we have decided on spending the week in Memphis. In April, Mitch is running his first full marathon and I am still trying to decide if I'm doing the half. I have only got about 3 weeks into training and right now it is just 3-4 miles so it hasn't been that bad. In the end of May-beginning of June we are going with Mitch's parents to New Orleans and in July we are going on our annual trip with Will and Michelle. We are going to take a different route this trip and spend some time in Colorado. We are thinking about going to Denver and also hiking and golf in the mountains!
Have a safe and happy new years!!
No comments:
Post a Comment