Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall favorites!

We only have a few more days until the official start of fall, but everything around here already says fall! I am loving this weather, it is so nice not to be in the 100's. Here are some of my favorite fall things!

The weather is awesome in the fall. I do not like cold weather, but I do love cooler weather! I love the changing from summer to fall, and all the leaves!!! Our town is so pretty when all the leaves start changing :) I told Mitch when we pick where he goes to school, we need to stay south :)  We have a nice long fall season and I could not take living up north, because the fall weather does not last long. It gets cold so quick!

This week Mitch made a big pot of chili... he makes the best homemade chili! It is his dad's recipe and is so good! My favorite fall food is homemade stew. I could eat it everyday!

We have a large bowl of candy corn, or I guess I should say we HAD large bowl ha! We can never keep enough of them in our house, they somehow seem to disappear very quickly.

We also got a gallon of apple cider at wal-mart the other day and we have been enjoying it! I love love love apple cider!! My favorite is Starbucks carmel apple spice. They are so good in the cool weather.



Another fall favorite is all the fall candles! I have an obsession with candles. Mitch always talks about how we candles everywhere and they are always lit ha! I love the way the smell up our house. My favorite our Bath and Body Works fall scents. I went today and stocked up on candles and soaps!

Another thing about fall is halloween! I really like halloween and I love going to the pumpkin patch. Mitch and I go every year and carve pumpkins! They are so many fun activities to do in the fall :)



And possibly my favorite thing about fall is... football!! I love football and I love going to games. It is one of my favorite things to do. I grew up going to OSU games and they are so much fun. Since I have been living in AR I have become a Razorback fan and really enjoy going to their games as well. I love living in NW Arkansas during football season. Razorback football is such a big thing here and its really hard not to be a fan living here! Mitch and are are going to the Arkansas vs. South Carolina game this year and hopefully some more too! It should be a really good game!!

On the subject of the hogs... my sister-in-law and I came across this lady who hand paints Toms shoes and look what we are getting...



Are they not the cutest?? I already have red Toms, so I am just mailing them her and she is going to paint this design for me! She has so many different cute designs, but this was the one I liked the best!! I cannot wait to get them! She will paint any design you want, so I may have to break down and get some OSU ones :) I love the Razorbacks, but I will always be a Cowboys fan!!!

This weekend, Summer was in town visiting and it has been rainy and cold all weekend, so besides our little shopping trip, we have just stayed inside and relaxed! Tonight consists of food and football ha! Wooo Pig Soooie!!!

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment