I didn't know what to do, and Mitch was packing up to leave for Colorado. Since it was completely blown out, I could not drive on it at all so he said for me to just hang out and he would come help me. So I had been waiting about 30 min and a police came and said it wasn't safe for me to be out there alone and he would put my spare on for me and that would at least get me to the honda dealership to get a new tire. So my spare in in the very back of my car, and yes thats where all my luggage was! Now remember I was packing for Dallas, Tulsa, Kansas City and Pittsburg so image how many suitcases I had :) And not to mention I had one of Mitch's suitcases that he didn't want to take to CO. Lets just say the policeman was laughing so hard bc we had about 5 pieces of luggage out on the side of the road. He thought I was moving ha! Anyways, I made it to the dealership, got a new tire and was back on my way about 11:30!
I made it to Michelles house about 6 and we had dinner, went shopping and just had a lazy night at home! The next day we did more shopping and her mom and sister got into town so we hung out with them for the next few days!
Eating at my favorite restaurant in Rockwall- Chilosos!!
On Sunday I met up with Elizabeth, her sister and mom and we went to try on dresses! It was so fun and I love the one she chose!
That night we went out to a delicious mexican restraint with her mom and sister! We spent the next few days doing wedding stuff! We went to see the venues and planned out decor, etc!
In front of the bridal house!
I also got to see her and Kevins new house! Its so pretty!!! I was so glad I got to spend some time her her helping with the wedding. I love love love wedding planning! They know my love for popcorn, so they took me to this popcorn store in Mckinney and I got my favorite- Cheese and Carmel mix!! Yum!!
I stayed in Dallas until Tuesday night and we had so much fun! It made me miss college where we were around each other 24/7! I did not want to leave, I loved being around girlfriends and not to mention I just love Dallas! Its such a fun place!
So Tuesday night I made the 4.5 hour drive to Tulsa which seemed so short compared to my drive from b'ville to Dallas! I had a late dinner with my family and then went to bed! I got up early and went to breakfast with Natalie then headed to to Kansas City. I totaled it up, I did over 16 hours of driving by MYSELF in about 5 days! Thats a lot when your alone ha! Mitch got in that night and we headed to PA.
On a different note, the school in PA didn't work out, which we knew would probably happen, but he is so glad we went and he feels better know that he went through that first interview! Plus the trip up there was a blast! He told me the other day he really wants to look at some schools in TX!! He said he knows I love it there and when he was in his interview, he said they told him what to expect in any crna program and because of that he wants me around friends during those 3 years. I thought that was so sweet to think of me that much in this process. He told me that they told him with whatever program you get into, it is the most intense 3 years of your life. They told Mitch 2 pieces of advise: 1- to spend as much time with family and friends before you go to school because you literally will not be around them for 3 years. 2- take a big, long vacation because once again for three years you will not have that luxury. It is a program year round, no breaks. He will also have clinicals in different states for weeks at a time. They said we are not trying to be mean, but when you get accepted into a program, they now own you. They said it isn't like a normal grad school program, but much more intense, which it should be, he is going to be in one of the most intense fields you can be in. Thats why these school are so picky to who they let in and why they only let in about 10 or so. You don't want just anyone in charge of your anesthesia while your in surgery :)
So I am excited for him to start school, but it is going to so hard for me during that 3 or so years, so he wants me surrounded by friends! So we will see what happens, you'll never know where we will end up! Its a fun process!
Have a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment