Hello! I hope y'all had a good weekend. Mitch and I left early Saturday morning and went straight to the fair!! I love absolutely love the fair and Mitch had never been to the Tulsa State Fair. We went to the Oklahoma City fair a couple times when we were in school, but I just love the Tulsa one!
We got there at 10am and spend most of the morning with my parents and brother. It was a lot of fun! We, of course, ate too much...but fair food only comes once a year, so we enjoyed it :) We had heard a lot of people talk about the indian tacos and that was probably the one thing at the fair both of us had never tried. So we got one and I'm glad we did!! It was sooo delicious! We split one and we were stuffed!
We had other yummy fair food, but this was our favorite! Later that afternoon, we met up with Katie, Tommy, and Summer. It was so good to spend time with them and it was fun to spend the day at the fair together.
Since the fair only comes once a year and we don't get to go much, we skipped watching the razorback game. But we did keep up with it on our phones all afternoon. And we did get to catch some of the 4th quarter at the restaurant where we had dinner. Mitch, Katie, Tommy, and I went to Texas Roadhouse after the fair. I had not been there in so long and it was soooo good. After we finished our meal, we just stayed at our table and sat and talked a for awhile. I'm sure our waiter was ready for us to leave, but after being at the fair for 7 1/2 hours, we were exhausted! After dinner, we headed to Starbucks, the trip wouldn't have been complete if Katie and I didn't at least make one trip to Starbucks :)
Peter joined us there and it made me miss being able to be with my friends. I loved every minute of talking and catching up with them. I didn't want to say goodbye.
Sunday we spend the morning with my family looking at cars. My mom is looking for a new car and we are looking for my brother a car...crazy! We had to leave early afternoon in order to make it back to our financial peace class. I love the class, but I don't like it cutting our weekends short. Before we headed out of town we went by Scott's house and visited with him for a little bit. We made it back just in time for our class. Then since we had been out of town all weekend, we went to Wal-Mart that evening. We usually don't like going on Sundays, but it wasn't bad. We have a Neighborhood Market about 2 minutes away from our house and I love going there over the Wal-Mart supercenter.
I am very excited to cook this week, because one of my good friends Summer gave me her chicken lasagna recipe. It is my favorite meal! I don't want to talk too much about how good it is because it is a secret family recipe and her mom made me promise not to give it to anyone....Sorry :( Now you will just have to come visit and I can make it for you.
Today, Mitch is at work so I am just hanging around the house. I am very excited because we got a late wedding gift today (yes we are still getting wedding gifts...its crazy). It is a Keurig Coffee Maker. Most of you know my obsession with coffee, so thats why it is so exciting to me. My parents have one and I am obsessed with it, so I am beyond happy to finally have one! It makes all kinds of different flavors, iced coffee, hot/cold tea...really anything ha! I absolutely love it and I am sure a day won't go by when we don't put it to good use :)
We don't have a lot planned for this week, Mitch is off a lot, so thats nice. We are going to the doctor Wednesday for a post check-up after being in the hospital and I also have ringworm on my leg...gross I know...so hopefully they can get that cleared up!
Well tonight I am making Cranberry Chicken. I am pretty sure I have already posted the recipe, we have made it a few times :) The Event comes on tonight, but the Vikings also play this evening, so I am guessing our show will have to wait until tomorrow. We have to cheer on Brett Favre :)
Hope its been a magnificent Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment