Well, Elizabeth was here all week and it was so much fun to spend time with her! I have not made a ton of friends here yet, but I have the most amazing friends that come and visit me! It seems like I am always preparing for someone to come and visit and I love it!! God had blessed me with some incredible friendships! Well, she got here Monday and we had dinner and just hung out at our house. She has been working nights, and she was on a different schedule so we just relaxed and went to bed early to try and get her on our schedule. Tuesday Mitch had to work, so Elizabeth and I went to Wal-Mart and got groceries (and Taylor Swift's new cd) then had lunch. We were driving by the square, and there are ALWAYS people taking pictures in front of the first Wal-Mart, and so she wanted a picture too. Here is Elizabeth in front of Walton's Five and Dime.
Later that afternoon we went walking with Michelle and then we all went to Hobby Lobby and Lowes. Michelle and I have been wanting a chalkboard easel for our kitchen and she found how to make them so we went to get all the stuff that night. After Mitch got home, we all made sour cream pancakes, Elizabeth's request, along with eggs and bacon. It was delicious!
Wednesday, we got up and went shopping. Elizabeth tried our new coffee maker and fell in love with it just like we did, so she went and bought one and different kinds of coffee. She also wanted a new razorback shirt, and well she came to the right place! We shopped around, you can buy an Arkansas shirt about anywhere here.
That afternoon, we started making chili...it takes all day to cook and it is so good. It is Mitch's dad's recipe and I know I said I would post it, but there is no written recipe. They just add and eyeball whatever goes in it. I will work on getting the recipe on paper and when I do I will post it.
We cooked a huge pot and are still have a ton of left overs. But with the weather like it is, chili couldn't be more perfect. While the chili cooked all day, Elizabeth and I went and walked our favorite trail. Every time she comes we always go and walk this trail. It is so pretty and it was actually a little chilly. We both had to wear jackets, Elizabeth wore her Northface...she isnt use to this colder weather! We walked about 5 miles and while we were doing that Mitch went and played golf. After we got home, we made chocolate chip cookies and they turned out so good. We have a good friend Shannon, and she makes the best chocolate chip cookies ever! Elizabeth and I always try and make them like her. Ha! This was our best batch we have made and they were very good, but still they didn't quite match up to Shannon's.
I love using my Kitchen-Aid...it makes baking so much easier!
After we made cookies, Michelle came over to make our chalkboards!! It was a lot of fun and they are going to turn out so cute! They take a couple days to dry, so when they are finished, I will post pictures and instructions on how to make them. I loved them so much that I am making two more for each of my grandmas for Christmas. They are fun and super easy to make!
We had to have a little help from Mitch cutting the sheet metal :)
Michelle and I had to take it outside to spray the chalkboard paint on the sheet metal. I can't wait until they are finished!
After we worked on the chalkboards, we finally got to enjoy the chili. It has been cooking all day and our house smelled delicious. We also made cornbread to go with it. You just can't go wrong with cornbread and chili on a day like that.
After dinner, we made chex mix. Yes we did a lot of cooking that day! It is my all time favorite snack and I doubled the recipe so it would last a while! I would post the recipe, but it is kind of like the chili. My dad has always made it ever since I was little and he just eyeballs everything. So when I get some time to make the recipe, I will post it.
Thursday morning, Elizabeth and I got up early and went to Kennedy. Even thought it was cold, we both got iced drinks, but they were worth it. We sat and and talked there for a while, then we went and shopped at some of my favorite local boutiques. Later that afternoon Elizabeth had to head back to Texas :( I didn't like saying goodbye, but with Michelle getting ready to move down there, I am sure we will be visiting Dallas quite often.
After she left, Mitch and I decided to start thinking about Christmas gifts. We made our list of everyone we have to buy for and with this financial class, we already have all our gift money saved up and we just need to shop now! So thats what we did! I love shopping for Christmas, and I like to get ahead start. We bought our grandmas gifts, and I got my good friend Natalie's gift!
Mitch is working in the yard today, then we are going to try and shop some more. We also created and ordered our Christmas cards yesterday and they were ready within an hour! We went and picked them up and I can't wait to send them out! We are starting early, but the holidays get so busy its nice to get started.
Last night for dinner we fried fish! My brother caught a bunch of fish about 2 weeks ago at the lake and brought us some! It was a mess, but worth it.
After dinner, we went and got ice cream and watched our Thursday night shows!
Sorry I don't have any recipes....We have made so many good things this week, and I will try and include all the recipes next time! We are making chicken spaghetti tonight and I am pretty sure I posted the recipe a long time ago..we make it a lot! Ha!
Enjoy the weekend and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment