Mitch has been off all week so we have had a pretty good past couple of days. It has been a lazy week for us. On Monday, we just hung around the house and we had to teach a tennis class Monday afternoon. We had a break for about an hour in between classes, so we went to the track that is outside the fitness center. Our last class ended at 6:30 and I do not like it getting dark so early. It was dark by the time we got home! For dinner we made mexican chicken. My good friend Katie would make it in college and I always loved it. I didn't have her exact recipe, but it tasted the same and was delicious!
Tuesday was the perfect day. It was rainy in the morning and overcast and cool all day! I had a second interview for the same company I had already decided wasn't for me, but I went anyway. And just as I thought, I do not see myself working there. It was good to go and it just reassured me it was not the job for me, but I am just being patient and trusting God. I was back by 8:45 and Mitch and I watched movies the rest of the morning. It was so nice to just relax!
That afternoon we cooked homemade french onion soup! It had to cook all day in the crock pot, and it made our house smell so good! After we got it started, we decided to go for a run. We both love to run and haven't went on a run together outside in a while. It was cool and the perfect day for it. We have only been working out inside since we moved here and I forget how much different it is running outside. It made me miss it so much and I am excited to start running outside again. My running buddy, Elizabeth, and I ran almost everyday together in college and I miss her company. I would always motivate her when she didn't want to and she would do the same for me. It's hard to get motivated by yourself.
That afternoon, we decided to carve our pumpkin. We made apple cider and went outside on our back porch.
It was messy, but a lot of fun! Our first thought was to carve a razorback or an "A" for Arkansas, but neither of us are very creative, so we stuck with the simple jack-o-lantern. We may try that on a different pumpkin since we have had some practice now :)
It turned out pretty good and it adds a little halloween spirt to our front porch.
One of my favorite things about carving pumpkins is to bake the pumpkin seeds!! Mitch doesn't like them, but they are one of my favorite snacks!
Wednesday morning, Mitch was craving donuts...so we got up at 7:30 to go look for a donut shop! We found one, enjoyed our donuts and went back to bed ha! We didn't sleep for too long though because we wanted to go golfing. Everyone else must have had the same idea because the course was packed! But we still enjoyed it!
That evening Mitch and I headed to Fayetteville. Mitch had a staff meeting at 6 so we went down around 3 and went shopping and had dinner. I dropped him off at the hospital and had an hour or so to spare, so I did a little shopping and had a great idea. There is a bakery called Ricks in Fayetteville and if you live in the NW Arkansas area and have never been...it's a must! It is so good!! So I went to get Mitch and I some dessert and when I got there is was closed!! I was so upset :(
Since we didn't get to go to Ricks, we decided to stop at Kennedy on our way home. Mitch got his usual the velvet elvis and I have never had one of their smoothies so I thought I would give it a try! I got Blueberry Banana and it was so good! We hung out there while we enjoyed our drinks and headed home.
That night Hocus Pocus was on tv. It is my favorite halloween movie, so I was excited :)
I am not doing much today...I do have a hair appt this afternoon. I love getting my hair done!
Well we are sad because we didn't get the Arkansas tickets. Some of our friends have two sets of tickets, one set inside and one outside. They were not going to be able to go to the game and they already told their grandparents they could have one set of tickets and we were going to get the other. Well we have been waiting on them to decide what ones they want, and since it is a big possibility for rain on Saturday we thought for sure they would want to be inside. Well they chose the outside tickets and the inside ones are over $100 a piece, so we had to pass. And of course after we figured out we couldn't get the tickets and already made plans for Saturday,we were offered more tickets. I just don't think it is meant for us to go to a game this year. Ha! I love going to razorback games and I am sure we will have many other opportunities to go. It is still a lot of fun living in NW Arkansas during football season, there is so much going on and it is such a fun atmosphere. Here is a picture of all of us tailgating before the Arkansas/Auburn game last year. It was so much fun!
But on another note, since we aren't going to the game, my parents and brother are coming to visit for the weekend! I am so excited to spend time with them.
This weekend is also OSU's homecoming! Go Pokes! It has always been tradition for my family to go down friday for the walk around and go to the game on Saturday. I miss doing this and hopefully we can make it next year.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and here are a few recipes...
MEXICAN CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts
1 lb velveeta cheese
1 can rotel
1 chopped onion
2 tbsp margarine
1/2 c chicken broth
1 can cream of celery soup
*Boil chicken until tender and take it apart. Saute onion in margarine until soft and tender. Mix together left over ingredients. Crumple chips on the bottom of a 9x13 pan and pour chicken mixture over them.
Heat to a bubble at 450 degrees.
CROCK POT FRENCH ONION SOUP
3 large onions, sliced
3 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 14oz cans beef broth
*Cook onions and butter on low in the crock pot. In a mixing bowl, mix the next four ingredients until smooth and stir into onions. Add broth and cover and cook on high for 8-9 hours. Top with provolone cheese, croutons and french bread.
PUMPKIN SEEDS
I hope y'all have a good weekend and enjoy this beautiful weather!

No comments:
Post a Comment