But this weekend was super fun! We did a lot and made progress on our house situation, so that was good. We were in Tulsa from Friday-Sunday night and it felt like we were there 5 days! It was the longest weekend, but I guess that was good sionce we had so much to get done.
We got there Friday evening and met up with Will and Michelle to go get our Color Run packets. We got back to my parents house and they had cooked a huge pasta dinner for all of us and my mom even surprised us with a good luck color run cookie cake. It was so cute.. and delicious!
Saturday we had to get up super early for the run. We were up getting ready at 5:45 and left the house by 6:30 to make it in time to find a place to park and get ready for the race. We met up with Peter and Libby and also my good friend, Lindsey, from here in Fayetteville came with us! I don't think we had any idea what we were really about to get into!
It was required that you wear a white t-shirt and they provided you with a headbamd and a color run tatoo! Michelle, Lindsey and I all got matching socks too! It was by far the coolest race I have ever been in! I can't really descride how much fun we had or what it was like... but here are some pictures of us after the race!
It was a blast! I highly recommend tou to find one close to your area! They are so worth it! Michelle and I found one in Memphis in October and we are dying to go! It took a couple of showers for us to get all the color off ha! I was able to get most of it off my face and arms, but I could not get it off my back (yes I have no idea how it got on my back). I also still cannot get it out of my hair! I got most out, but for some reason there is a neon pink strip down the right side of the front of my hair and looks so funny. I have got the question " did you put a pink stripe in your hair this weekend about 6 times this morning at work!
Saturday, after the race we went to Los Cabos to eat lunch and then we started the house hunting process for the rest off the day. We looked at so many houses and made so much progress, so hopefully we will know something soon! I am sure the realtors took us four seriously when Will looked like he had pink paint splattered all over his face, Mitch had paint all over his forhead and arms, Michelle had it on her arms and legs and I had pink hair! Ha! We definitly got a lot of questions!
![]() |
| House Hunting! |
Saturday night my parents cooked out burgers for all of us and Katie and Tommy came over for the night too! It was so good to visit with them, and it made me so excited to get back and know that we can do that stuff all the time! My parents are putting in a pool and it was suppose to be done by this weekend, but they were running behind. They were so close to being done, they actually were filling it up with the fire hose saturday afternoon. They still have lots of little things to do to the pool and landscaping, getting furniture and then they are still working on their outdoor fireplace. But it was fun to sit atound the pool all night and visit with them!
Sunday, we slept in, getting up for work all week and then up that early for the race took it out of us! We had such a busy day Saturday and it was nice to relax a little. We had breakfast and Will and Michelle left around 12 and we started looking at houses again at that time. We had several more appts and we didn't make it back to bentonville until about 10pm last night.
This week, I am not working much becasue of everything going on. I came in today around 10:30 because I had to get Bella from the kennal and get to leave at 3 so it has been a nice short day! Tomorrow is our 2 year anniversary, so I decided to take off and we are playing golf at this nice course down in Fayetteville and then spending some time out at the LPGA! We just love going to it and have been the past 4 years! So I am extreamly excited. We had planned on taking a little get-a-way trip to either Branson or Hot Springs to golf, but with everything going on, even if we did have the time to do that, we dont want to ha! We are so exhausted all the time and this seems like all we do is travel, so this is the perfect way for us to spend our anniversary! If we aren't at work, we are packing up our house (such a long process), on the phone with realtors, or reading and signing document after document for selling our hosue and making offers on others. It is so stressful. It will be nice to take a day to golf, watch golf and enjoy a nice simple dinner and forget about all that stuff for just a few hours. I am also taking off Wednesday.. we just have so much going on that I could really use the extra day. So it is going to be a very short week for me then next week we are off to camp all week! I am so pumped!!!
That's our weekend in a nutshell. Even though this is a stressful time, we are so excited for these next couple of weeks: packing, camp, and hoping to hear back on a house. We found a great house we love that is a foreclosure home and so we put a bid on it and we will know in one week if we got it. Since it is a forclosure we had to put a "bid" instead an offer and there are lots other bids, so it is a long shot, but we have to start somewhere- we are running out of time ha! If we were to get this house it is a heck of a deal, there is not much it needs redone except carpet and paint, which I am excited about. I love picking out paint colors and it makes your house your own! So we are waiting to hear back from the bank. We are not stressing about finding something, we know the right house will come available when the timing is right. So we are just excited about everything!!
Have a great week!











No comments:
Post a Comment