Happy Monday! I hope y'all had a good weekend!
We went to Tulsa and were able tro make some small progress on our moving situation. I have been so nervous about this whole situation, but this weekend it was like I got reassuance we are doing the right thing. I felt such a peace about everything and I am actually more excited about getting to Tulsa than I thought I ever would be.
I had a really long weekend, I didnt have to work much last week due to Shareholders. Thursday, Mitch's gtrnadma and aunt came in from Memphis and we spent some time with them. I was also able to get my hair done. I love the feeling of fresh blonde hair :)
After that long stressful week it was so nice to sit and relax for a few hours. We had dinner with his grandma that night, watched the thunder game and headed to bed. Friday morning, we got up, cleaned the house a little, packed for Tulsa and took Bella to boarding.
She loves going to Bed and Biscuits! Renee is the lady who runs and it anytime you say, "Bella, wanna go see mrs. Renee", she gets so excited! It is this little place out in Little Flock, but she takes such good care of the dogs. We just love her! This picture was when we first got there, we were waiting on Renee to get there to unlock the door (she has lots of land and her house is right down the road from the kennel) and so we took Bella across the street to look at the cows. Well needless to say, Bella walked over to the fence and one of the cows got up fast and it scared Bella to death! She was on her leash with Mitch, and somehow come out of her collar and ran and jumped in the car and over into the drivers seat. Ha! She did not like the cows and she was ready to leave ha!! I just love having a dog! I have never been a big dog person, but having Bella has been the biggest blessing!
Once we dropped her off, we went and had a quick lunch at Zaxbys (their salads are amazing) and then I dropped Mitch off right across the street to get his hair cut. I ran some quick errands, picked him up and we headed to Tulsa!
We got there around 2:30 and it was raining and had no intentions to stop. We had talked with a realtor over the past week, and she gave us some houses we were going to look at saturday morning, so we drove around and checked them out. It is amazing how fast you cna eleminate a house, just by driving by. Ha! We drove around and looked at about 10 and then we emailed her back and actually wanted to see about 5 of them. We ended that long day with a trip to our favorite mexican restaurant in Tulsa. It is a TINY hole in the wall in north Tulsa. It looks likie somewhere you never would want to go, but it amazing!!!!
So Saturday morning we got up and started the long day of house hunting. That is one long stressful process! I was completely exhausted, mentally and physically, after seeing all those houses. But the good news is we found one we like and we are super excited about it. After really looking a things, I think we have decided to buy. And things could always change, but we found a great deal on a small little house we both like. It is vacant and move in ready. We would buy it, and while Mitch is at school, we would rent it out for a few years. This was what we wanted to do along, becasue we would make some extra money while he is in school from rent and when we come back to Tulsa after he is done with school, it would be a nice place to live (already paid off!) while we save up money and find a nice place we want to settle and start a family. But at first we couldn't do that becasue we couldnt keep it up or if the renters had any problems, we wouldnt be there. But my parents think it is the best idea to buy as well, there are just so many benifits to buying, so they said while we were gone and renting it, they would help with the upkeep. We wanted to buy all along, but one of our biggest fears was that we couldn't turn around and resale it when we needed to leave. So this solves all our problems and is actually better for us in the long run. I am praying it all works out. This is still the very preliminary stages of everything, so a lot could still change. We are waiting to hear about Mitchs job before we move forward.
Saturday was one of my best friends, Natalie's birthday and so we went over to her house for dinner with her family. We went out to the Caravan later that night and had such a good time.
Mitch and I love it! It is something we both really like to go do. When we were in college, we would drive an hour to Stillwater to go two-steppin. Most of y'all know we love anything country, and this is right up our alley! We are excited to move so we can go more!
| Happy Birthday Nat! |
Peter and Libby also came out and we had a blast with them. We always have such a good time hanging out with them. I cant wait to move back so we can spend more time with together!
Sunday, we had to get up early and cook! I love having parties over at my parents house and cooking all morning with my mom. I know this is horrible, but we havent seen my parents since Mitch and I's birthdays. So we have not got to celebrate with my side of the family yet. I can not believe it's June and we are just now getting around to it! Ha! Birthdays are a big deal in my family and we have to get everyone together. Since Elizabeths wedding was in April, on the weekends in March and April I was moslty in Dallas or doing something here to help her prepare. So we finally had a weekend to spend in Tulsa and that my whole family could come. It was so nice to see everyone and share our exciting news.
It is a tradition in my family, on your birthday you get to pick whatever you want for lunch and what kind of dessert you want. Of course Mitch and I love bbq, so thats what we decided. We got it from Oklahome Joes... it was delicious!! We got pulled pork, pulled chicken, Mitchs favorite, brisket and my favorite, ribs!
| YUM!!
|
This is the cake we had at our wedding and we still get people asking us about it and where it was from. Ludgers is this small bakery and it is very hard to find in Tulsa. They make Bavarian Cream Cakes and they are to die for! I am not a big sweets person, but this cake is incredible! And they are so rich, so you don't need much. They make them tall and thick and so the cake goes a long ways. We had 9 people and still had over half of the cake left! So if you ever need a good cake in the Tulsa area, try out Ludgers. You won't be dissapointed.
Since I blogged about this a few weeks ago, I thought I would share.... I finally got my new black sandles!!
I love them and they are super comfortable! I have a brown/gold pair that I love, but they are the most uncomfortable shoes. And since I walk across campus a lot, these are perfect. The brand is called Born and if you have't ever tried some on, do it! They make all kinds of shoes, I also have a pair if their tall brown boots. When I first saw some of the shoes they make I was kind of turned off. Some are very "old ladyish", but if you look online and some in the stores, they make some super cute ones! I got so many compliments on my boots this winter. They are suppose to be good for your feet and since I have really messed up feet, they are perfect for me!
I also go this shirt from my grandma! I just love it and need to figure out where she got it so I can go get more. It is super soft and very unique, I have never seen an Arkansas shirt like this before! And last, Natalie got me the cutest necklace and I just had to share!
I know you cant see it very well, but it was the best picture I had. It is a tourquise Harley and Maudes necklace with a charm that says "sisters" and flowers and beads. It is the cutest necklace ever! I am hooked. I have been on their site all morning, I am wanting to get a key chain made! They have the cutest custom jewlery! Thanks Nat!!
We came home on Sunday evening and we weren't home 10 minutes and went on a run. I asked Mitch on the way home to take me on a run, but dont tell me where we are going or the distance. I knew after all that junk we ate this weeeknd, I was really in the mood for a nice long run. I love running by myself, but when I get up to 5 miles and over it is nice to have a partner out there with you. Also on those long runs, I tend to just run a trail or the same small route over and over and I getting tired of that. I needed to mix it up a litte to keep me from not getting to bored. I know Mitch knows some shortcuts around town and he literally took me all around B'ville! We ran 7 miles and it felt so good. I had taken the weekend off and I think my body needed that. It was rested up and the 7 miles went perfect. My body felt great and I really enjoyed it! Now I am a little sore today, but thats always a good feeling!
So thats what we were up too this weekend. Please be in prayer as Mitch is suppose to hear back soon from some jobs. He has had two phone interviews with two different hospitals and getting ready to schedule a face to face at St. Francis! I am excited for him! It wasn't two days after he applied he started getting multiple calls! Yay!
Have a wonderful week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment