We got up earl, took Bella to Camp Bow Wow and then headed to played a round of golf.
Bella loves camp bow wow and it is so nice to just drop her off (no appt necessary) when we are going to be gone for long periods of time, and pick her up whenever.
With it being so hot, we can't leave her out in the backyard for more than an hour or so. We were planning on playing golf but not so early... we got a call and the inspector for our house was going to be here in the morning, so we went earlier then we expected, but that turned out to be a good thing because of the heat!! It has been brutal! I am probably the one person on the earth the love this weather, but there are sometimes it really is just too hot.. and not to mention it is dangerous. I feel like every time I turn on the news someone has died from not preparing their self well to be in the heat. Mitch had a patient last week, in his 30's, that came in from heat exhaustion and he died. It's crazy to think how much you do have to prepare yourself to be out in this heat for long periods of time. Okay, that was my rant about the heat :)
But anyways, we started at 9:30 and it was already 93 degrees! By the time we finished it was 105!
We left so early and quick that neither one of us had anything for breakfast so we were about to pass out!! We ran through the drive through at Zaxby's and got some salads. There really isn't much that sounds good after being in the heat for that long. But we did have a great time. We both played horrible, but it was so fun to just be out there. We played a course in fayetteville call Razorback Park and we had heard good things about it, but it really wasn't that nice. We wouldn't go back again, but like I said, we were so excited just to get away from everything for a few hours that at that point we didn't care.
We came home and yes, you guessed it, we did house stuff. I have always known buying/selling a house is a long process, but I never guessed it was like this! When I say we are constantly doing house things, I am not exaggerating one bit. Right now we are in the process of dealing with our realtor and the peoples realtor who bought our house. We are always filling out some type of paperwork and signing something. We are also getting approved for our new loan for our new house and that has been a nightmare. Not because we can't get approved, there is just contract after contract and letter after letter you have to fill out. I think we are finally about done with that (at least just to put an offer in on a house) after that we have to do more on our loan if we were to get the house. We are on the phone with our realtor from Tulsa about 99% of the day. She has been so much help, especially since we have never gone through the process of selling and buying at the same time. Let me tell you, it makes things difficult. We are in the process of filling out paperwork to put a bid in on a foreclosure house and because it is a foreclosure it make it even more difficult. We will know next week if we got the house. I just hate that you have to "bid" and not make an "offer" since it is foreclosed. So instead of dealing one on one with a seller and making counter offers until we like it, we are in a big pool of bids with lots of other peoples bids and then they will decide who's is the best. Ugh... I really don't like that process.
But anyways, we finished up what we had to have signed and emailed it all over to our realtor. By this time it was about 4:00. We did our workout for the day an got ready for dinner. We wanted something close by, we usually go down to Fayetteville, but we were not in the mood.
We ended up on the square at our favorite little seafood place- Flying Fish. It was nothing fancy, but we love it and thats what matters. We would eat there everyday if we could. It has such a fun atmosphere and their food is delicious. If you live in NWA and haven't tried it- its a must! I am sure that will be "our spot" when we come back to visit! We walked around the square when we were finished- it was such a pretty night!
We were planning on going out to the LPGA for the afternoon, but we had to get some of these contracts done, they always take longer than you expect, so we skipped out for the day. We have tickets to get in all week, so we are going to go when they actually start the tournament and not just the pro-am. Even though we love it all and usually spend all week out there! We are planing on going Friday-Sunday and I can't wait. We have 2 extra tickets if anyone want's to join us!
We came home and watched The Help! Mitch surprised me with it and I was so excited. It is my favorite book and ever since I finished it I have been dying to watch it. So we made popcorn and enjoyed a relaxing night! I also got him some small Thunder stuff.
Overall we had the best day and I was just happy to spend it together. Now I am ready to celebrate in Antigua in 64 days!!!











Happy anniversary! I love the wedding photos. Such a gorgeous church!
ReplyDeleteLilly
pancakesandbeetjuice.com
I'm one of your newest followers... found you through Jenna's commenting challenge! I wish we had something similiar to Camp Bow Wow here in East Texas! My golden would LOVE that!
ReplyDeleteAntigua sounds amazing! My hubby is taking me to Maui in 16 days to celebrate our 20th! We've made arrangements to renew our vows on the beach!
I'm really enjoying reading your blog! Blessings to you!