| I think I am finally getting the hang of it |
We stayed at the Embassy and it was really nice! Since I work for the university I get a really good rate at hotels, so we got a suite that usually runs $210 a night for only $80!
We got the tennis center about 6:00pm and we went on at 6:30. He played singles earlier in the day, so this match they put him on in doubles. They always have a hard time figuring out where to play him because he is by far the youngest, so he is able to hold up for a singles (in the heat) better than any of the other guys, but he is a very strong doubles player. His first match earlier went 3 sets and it was from 1-3:30 so it was mid day heat! He said it was over 90 degrees, so he was glad to have a doubles match that evening.
He got finished and then we hung around and watched the rest of his team play, so we didn't head out to dinner until about 8pm. We were both exhausted. Mitch had been playing all day in the heat and I was so tired from working all day and then making that drive. So we saw a Pei Wei on our way back to the hotel and we both love it, so we stopped in and ate a quick dinner! When I lived in Tulsa, I bet I ate Pei Wei at least once a week, and we dont have it in NWA, so I was excited!
Mitch always gets the orange chicken, but he tried the spicy chicken this time and he really liked it. I have always gotten the same thing, Chicken Pad Thai! I love it! And it is so much food, I usually can eat on it for two more meals! And of course, we had to start out with lettuce wraps!
We went back to the hotel and watched the Thunder game! Mitch's match wasn't until 2:30 on Saturday, so we slept in had breakfast, this hotel had an amazing cook to roder breakfast, and then went shopping! We first headed to a Sports Authority Outlet, and it was crazy big with so many good deals!
This picture is just of a small portion of the store, but this is what it looked like all over!! They had really nice brands of workout clothes for over half off! If I would have known I would have saved up my money and went on a shopping spree! They also had any kinds of shoes you could imagine. I found a pair of running shoes, just like I have now for $30!! We were in a hurry so we left and said we would run back by tomorrow on our way out get them and of course we forgot! They had so many golf shoes too. I just bought a new pair of golf shoes or I would have def brought a pair. Golf shoes are so expensive and there wasn't a pair here over $50.
After shopping, we went and hit some garage sales! Ha! We have really gotten in to going to garage sales lately. We usually get up saturday mornings and go to the farmers market, then hit the garage sales. We are never looking for anything particular, but we have found some good deals before!
Unfortantly, we did not find anything at any of these garage sales.
We weren't really hungry because we had such a big breakfast, so we decided to just go get some ice cream! There is this place called The Purple Cow and Mitch had been there before, but I had not, and I have heard really good things about it, so we went there. It was like an old fashion soda shop and we sat up at the bar and had ice cream sodas!
I got orange and Mitch got the original Purple Cow. I love orange sherbert, its pretty much the only "ice cream" I eat.
We headed back to the hotel for a quick nap and then headed to the tennis center. He started at 2:30 and this place at zero shade, so needless to say I got pretty burned ha! He had another match that evening at a different tennis center and fortunalty he played on the only shaded court there! I was fried from being out in the sun all day so relaxing in the shade was nice!
After he wsa done, we went back to the hotel, showered and headed out for dinner.
We went to this really fun mexican resaurant and it was delicious! We were going to go expolore the town, but becasue his match started late we didnt even get to the restaurant until about 9:30. So when we were done, we went back to the hotel and caught the last half of the Thunder game!
Sunday, we slept in, had breakfast and got all packed up. We left the hotel around 11:00 and Mitch took me to the Little Rock Zoo!! I love going to the zoo and I have been wanting to go with him forever!! I think he probably got sick of me talking about it over the past year and he finally decided to take me :)
We had a ton of fun (I think Mitch enjoyed it more than I did). Here are some pictures of our zoo adventure..
| There were so many of these fish everywhere! |
| He was posing for me :) |
| I, of course, had to get a pic with the HOG! |
| Lunch time |
Sorry for all the pics! We had a blast!
After the zoo, we headed back home. We stoped about half way in Clarksville and had lunch with Mitch's grandparets. They are working on building a church there, so it was nice to see them again! When we got home we crashed!! We were so tired (and so was Bella)! We slept until 7:30 and then got up and made dinner, and went back to bed! Ha!
That was our fun little get-a-way to Little Rock! Hope y'all had a good weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment